BobC's latest activity

• BobC
    He finally told Mel Torme, "I'm a drummer." I'm glad he changed his mind.
  • BobC
    BobC reacted to Cmdr. Ross's post in the thread The "two drummer blues" with Like Like.
    This. IMHO, I'd try to be a hired gun & do solo gigs on the side as much as you can. That way you stay well rounded both alone & together.
  • BobC
    BobC replied to the thread Lari Basilio ----.
    I think she's very talented, but it's really not my kind of music.
  • BobC
    BobC replied to the thread The "two drummer blues".
    Your situation is good and not so good at the same time. Don't lose track of your own ability to function as the sole drummer in other...
  • BobC
    Right. Murphy's Law. In all my years of gigging, I have needed a spare snare exactly twice. I also carry a spare bass drum pedal, and...
  • BobC
    BobC reacted to PorkPieGuy's post in the thread I was lazy yesterday and paid for it with Like Like.
    I've been playing for almost 30 years, and I've never needed an extra snare. I still carry one, but I've never needed it. However...
  • BobC
    Rick, I always take a second snare on the gig. It pays to be prepared, as you know. I'm not familiar with the Benny Greb snare. Why do...
  • BobC
    BobC replied to the thread Bonzo envy.
    Thank you and well said!
  • BobC
    BobC reacted to Winston_Wolf's post in the thread Bonzo envy with Like Like.
    Quoted for absolute truth! All of us bring our own unique slant to what we play, and that is often the reason we can't nail someone...
  • BobC
    BobC replied to the thread Well that's 2022 finished!.
    Sorry to hear that. Let's hope for a better 2023.
  • BobC
    BobC replied to the thread Bonzo envy.
    Buddy Rich is my favorite drummer, hands down. I have accepted the fact that I will never be anywhere near his level. Hardly anyone was...
  • BobC
    A middle aged fan hired the band to play her husband's 50th birthday party and took out a $3000 personal loan to finance the party. He...
  • BobC
    BobC replied to the thread The Hang.
    When I get to the gig, haul everything in and set up, I really don't want anyone socializing with me. As band members, we make small...
  • BobC
    You know it's going to be a lousy gig when the stage is so small, you have to set up out the door onto a deck. This really happened. I...
  • BobC
    It's 95 degrees, and you have to climb a huge flight of stairs with your drums. Then, they tell you you could have taken the elevator on...