Recent content by Bo Eder

1. Bo Eder

More new drums!

Is the matte black a paint? Or is that a wrap?
  2. Bo Eder

More new drums!

The only things that didn’t sound good in that video was the bass drum and snare drum though 😬
  3. Bo Eder

Pet peeve regarding drum sizes.

What you bought before the add-on is called the Super Classic. Once you add the 8x12, it becomes the Big Beat. Classic Ludwig set-ups for decades.
  4. Bo Eder

Well, I meant eventually people returned to Ludwig so they can easily get maple drums in 8x12/9x13/16x16/14x22 and feel comfortable again. Those sizes reigned supreme for at least 60 years. Even my Yamaha Recording Custom Kit from 1986 are those sizes. I’m willing To bet everybody played that...
  5. Bo Eder

More new drums!

Got a gig tomorrow - im so excited to use these drums I’m taking them even though all their cases aren’t here yet!
  6. Bo Eder

Were Spaun drums any good?

If you can’t get parts because the company is gone, I’d really think twice. Unless you don’t mind using other parts to replace broken ones with. Spaun is not like Slingerland and Rogers where there are entire users groups you can rely on (and even then it might be hard to find what you’re...
  7. Bo Eder

More new drums!

It does. And the staggered rack toms and wacky cymbal tilting really make me think.
  8. Bo Eder

True. Everyone had to keep up with DWs’ marketing strategy.
  9. Bo Eder

That was the beginning of the DW Brain Washing Initiative. And it’s still working.
  10. Bo Eder

My first DW Collectors big kit was weird back in the early 2000s: 8x10/9x12, then 11x14 and 13x16 hanging floor toms! After a while I installed legs on the two floors, but I couldn’t mentally get past the weird shorty look so I eventually sold the kit. I’d like to thank John Good for forcing...
  11. Bo Eder

More new drums!

That piano black is why I couldn’t pass them up either. Black just works in every situation (especially my Devo band). My Rogers kit is black, but it’s wrapped and id be afraid to leave those out in the sun. Imagine back in the 80s when Yamaha had Steve Gadd With a Piano black kit. Just...
  12. Bo Eder

The weird sizing is kind of a pet peeve of mine too. But I kinda look at it as the compromise of mid-range kits. They keep the prices down by not having to make every possible size and telling the consumer to deal with what they offer. OTOH - in DW world, this is why the high end kits exist...
  13. Bo Eder

More new drums!

And I believe when they were released For 2020, they were in that $1600 range for the shell pack. So the $999 for the pack, $187 for the 8”, and $300 for the 14”, I think the $1500 range isn’t bad for a new set of six drums. And once these are gone, you’re done. I think the Design does that...
  14. Bo Eder

More new drums!

Considering what I paid for these Design drums, I will, for the record, state that Collector's series drums are not $3500 better than these. In fact, these being as nice as they are at this price, means I'm not gonna freak out at the first scratch or worry if I'm playing a backyard party with...
  15. Bo Eder

More new drums!

Since I’m using my regular heads, they don’t “feel” any different. I think going from cherry-mahogany to maple again changes the timbre a bit, but not by much. The build quality feels about the same between the two lines.