Recent content by Bo Eder

1. Bo Eder

Mick Fleetwood

I’ve always dig that guy. Everything he played was so tasteful for the songs. Of course he’d be underrated because so many people are attracted to the flash. That’s a given.
  2. Bo Eder

Does buying pre owned bother you?

I buy new and used. I don’t have any problems with used drum gear because I’ll know if it has problems and whether or not I want to take the time to fix it. Electronics gear is different because it’s electronic - there’s no way of knowing how abused it is. So if it’s important, I either know...
  3. Bo Eder

Slingerland COB TDR snare!

Jimmy Ford is an Aquarian artist so he’d love me to get him a list of what I’d like to try. I’ll peruse their offerings and try some.
  4. Bo Eder

Up until the Blue Devils went with 14x12 in 1982, everybody was using 15x12 snares. I played a chrome o wood TDR in HS.
  5. Bo Eder

Well, the first one I found the seller wanted $700! No way I’d spend that much. Then I went looking around Reverb and found this guy who had it and we negotiated down to $300. It has dings and is not perfect, but it matches the damaged nature of the entire kit😉
  6. Bo Eder

I’m tempted to try a whole set.
  7. Bo Eder

Probably not, but it sounds really good. I’m getting used to it since I’ve never played Aquarian heads, but it’s not a bad sound.
  8. Bo Eder

Me too
  9. Bo Eder

If I recall the 1976 catalog correctly, I think “Total Dynamic Range”. I’ll have to look it up.
  10. Bo Eder

What's better

This is so Tao Te Ching
  11. Bo Eder

So I now have a 6.5x14 Slingerland COB TDR snare! I actually got Jimmy Ford to “make it better” by installing a set of Pearl extended snare wires (normally used for their Free Floaters, and he set it up with Aquarian American vintage heads. Talk about a throaty sound! A nice addition to the...
  12. Bo Eder

INSTAGRAM / YOUTUBE DRUMMING CULTURE: LOVE IT? HATE IT? WHY?

I’m into it for the girls.
  13. Bo Eder

Maybe I am old but I just don’t understand this

Discussion, yes. Bitching and whining, no.
  14. Bo Eder

Maybe I am old but I just don’t understand this

I concur. Sadly, this is a part of the current “cancel culture” we live in. Someone has a bad experience, and rather than get it dealt with and fixed, they rally others on the internet to shine a bad light on a company or business, and in effect, influencing others to not buy their products...
  15. Bo Eder

Recommended Hi-Hats

What about those low volume Zildjian or Sabian hi hats? You get a nice tight sound with half the volume.