Recent content by Blk Diamond

1. Blk Diamond

We finally moved to a new hoster!

At least to me, the forum seems just as snappy as it was before Supergrobi. :)(y)
  2. Blk Diamond

We finally moved to a new hoster!

Here's my stats: Pinging drummerworld.com [185.178.193.83] with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 185.178.193.83: bytes=32 time=125ms TTL=48 Reply from 185.178.193.83: bytes=32 time=125ms TTL=48 Reply from 185.178.193.83: bytes=32 time=126ms TTL=48 Reply from 185.178.193.83: bytes=32 time=125ms...
  3. Blk Diamond

Irish Spring bar soap... Ruined

I used to use Irish Spring bar soap years ago. I loved the scent, and the way it made me feel clean. Unfortunately, at some point about 10 years ago I started to become allergic to it. I noticed that after showering with Irish Spring, it would cause an itching/burning sensation all over my...
  4. Blk Diamond

Pairing Cymbals

I have four crashes that are the same model, just different diameters. (16”, 17”, 18”, and a 19”)
  5. Blk Diamond

Pairing Cymbals

Hi PearlBeats, Welcome to the Drummerworld forum! I’d go with an 18” Zildjian A Medium Thin crash, so the jump in tone isn’t as large. As a hard rocker myself, I use a set of Paiste 2oo2’s regular crashes. From left to right on my kit I have a 16”, 17”, 18”, and 19” crashes. I use the 17” &...
  6. Blk Diamond

How Things Are Made

As a little kid growing up, I remember watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood on our local PBS station. One of my favorite segments from the show, was when Mr. Rogers would play a film clip showing how something was made. I found it fascinating (almost magical) to see how something like let's say an...
  7. Blk Diamond

How to fix this hole in the Tom

One standard, Pearl tom-arm mount sized hole in the afore mentioned toms (including the vent hole), is not going to alter the sound by any perceivable level audible to human ears. Measurable to advanced scientific equipment maybe (sure, why not), but not most human ears. Yes, a drum with a...
  8. Blk Diamond

How to fix this hole in the Tom

Congrats Rhythm666, On your new Pearl Masters Studio MBX kit! It's 4 plies of birch, with 4 ply re-rings. It also looks like the color of your kit is #154 Midnight Fade. (The same color as my Masters Custom Extra MRX kit, and one of my personal favorites. :cool:(y)) Because of the re-rings...
  9. Blk Diamond

Just my 3 kids, filling in for another band with bass player drama (video)

Your kids did a great job! I'm glad that they had a blast.
  10. Blk Diamond

A dose of Huey Lewis - weird festival setup

A fine job Andy! Agreed, it's a goofy set up to put a thoroughfare between the audience and the stage. Nothing quite takes you out of the concert experience like having an endless ebb of people casually moseying along in front of you. The lady in red was rockin' out with you guys. :)
  11. Blk Diamond

Power of Love - Huey Lewis - drum cover

Great job Ilios! I always love hearing some Huey Lewis and the News, and definitely felt the power! Now, if I could only remember where I parked that DeLorean? :cool::LOL:
  12. Blk Diamond

Queen Elizabeth II Dies at the age of 96

As a citizen of the United States, I just wanted to send our deepest condolences to the Royal Family, and to all of our brothers and sisters of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. An unprecedented reign by any monarch throughout history, and truly and end of an era.
  13. Blk Diamond

Heading to Europe in a couple of weeks...

Sounds like it's gonna be cool tour Phil! Bon voyage, and safe travels. :)🥁✈️
  14. Blk Diamond

Burying the Beater

Hannah, it sounds like you might have a case of "beater bounce-back" that's giving you an unwanted extra beat/hit. This commonly occurs with those of us who like to bury the beater against the bass' batter head. Like WuHan Solo said, the easiest way to remedy this is to port (put a small...
  15. Blk Diamond

Youtube Help!

Way to go D! :)