Recent content by Birdy

1. B

Dr30 Redwood amp any good?

The powered speakers I mentioned were pretty feeble- should I have used an amp?
  2. B

£150 be enough? (UK).
  3. B

Really want a speaker just to hear the kit through them as a headphone alternative. I’ve been disappointed with Roland pm1 and Alesis active speakers so far I’ve tried. I’ll leave the Redwood one then and keep looking. After a used one nearby due to COVID - any recommendations on brands and models?
  4. B

Got the chance to buy one locally. Any experience with this anyone? Thanks
  5. B

How much is my fully upgraded DTX 500 worth??

Interesting. In the UK I bought a DTX482 in great condition on Gumtree for £210 including stool and headphones . It had been listed for 2 weeks too..
  6. B

Is it me? Yamaha DTX 562K & RHH135

Just came across this. As a newbie, I’ve struggled with setting up the hi hat on my new dtx6 k3 so I’ve decided to use the Hh65 pedal instead of the stand which to me is better. Anyone want a new HS650 hi hat stand - with the original box, let me know as I don’t need it now.
  7. B

Rec n Share help please

Now I’ve transferred my playlists to iTunes, when I click on the tab with the music key symbol in top left asking me to choose the music I want to play, then select iTunes music, then my playlist, it comes out of the app completely. So I’m unable to get a track into the app to slow down , loop...
  8. B

If you don’t ask....

I’ve had a go at that and have one user kit saved so far. It’s not great though as I’m no expert and was hoping for an easy import solution. Still , if I thrash about enough you never know!
  9. B

If you don’t ask....

I've just looked at the data list. There are 8 kits, my mistake. I value the kits as they are because as a novice I’m more likely to make them worse if I fiddle.
  10. B

If you don’t ask....

I haven’t counted, but I reckon maybe 4 acoustic kits in there . My internet access is via iPhone or iPad, no pc or laptop and I’m trying to avoid buying one just for this purpose and then trying to learn it all as an IT philistine that I am. I’m just after a plug in set of alternative kits.
  11. B

If you don’t ask....

But as I’m without a laptop this isn’t an option for me.
  12. B

If you don’t ask....

Firstly, I hope not to offend anyone, merely asking... I have the Yamaha DTX 6 kit, which can apparently take drum kit downloads direct from a usb stick. I’ve previously asked on here about EZ Drummer and Superior Drummer, and don’t have a laptop nor am I in anyway confident with using one with...
  13. B

Any pads feel the same as the Yamaha TCS pad material?

Can’t see any in the UK site?
  14. B

iPhone 6 to Yamaha DTX482 Apple adapter specifics

Seems to work ok so far...
  15. B

Any pads feel the same as the Yamaha TCS pad material?

That’s interesting. Do you mean the Mylar heads? Anyway, I’ve gone and bought the dtx6 K3 with all tcs pads:). I can add the tcs snare, foot pedal and a cymbal from my dtx482. I’ll put the Alesis Nitro Mesh kit up for sale and also flog the 482 module and see if the rubber pads, frame and foot...