Recent content by bermuda

1. bermuda

Just because we now can -

Did you know that Alan White gave me a little head?
  2. bermuda

Red Hot Chili Peppers Drum Jam - Arizona Drummer

Nice job! I've played that song a few (hundred) times myself... :) Bermuda
  3. bermuda

Songs with other artist name in lyrics

Righteous Brothers - Rock & Roll Heaven, mentions a bunch of then-dead artists! Sugarloaf - Don't Call Us, mentions "John, Paul and George " Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes, mentions T.Rex, Beatles and Stones
  4. bermuda

Songs with other artist name in lyrics

Hank Williams Jr. - Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound, mentions his dad "Hank" (Williams) Weird Al - Word Crimes, mentions Prince (I'm sure there are others from Al!)
  5. bermuda

B8 pros

I have several Pro and B8 Pro cymbals, and I love them! They're a cut-above the B8 line. I suspect they're all made the same, but some are better than others and get the Pro designation. Cymbal companies often make cymbals, and then decide exactly where they fit (there are some obvious...
  6. bermuda

What Are You Doing While Riding Out This Period Of Social Isolation?

Oh, a other wise guy! Thanks, my personal book concept has been rattling around in my head for about 10 years. This book popped into my head only 3 years ago, but sat dormant until last December. Then it took off like Tower Of Power's first 11 singers! 😮
  7. bermuda

What Are You Doing While Riding Out This Period Of Social Isolation?

Well, I didn't exactly finish listening to my CDs (see earlier post) but I have been wrapping-up stuff on my photo book. I may have mentioned it elsewhere, probably Off-Topic section since it's not a drum book, but it is drummer-related: I shot the photos! It's early Al stuff in b&w, almost none...
  8. bermuda

RocknRoller carts

I have the R8 and it's been GR8! (haha) It opens up pretty wide, but I drilled an extra 'set' hole so it would fit fully set-up into the back of my Odyssey. It goes in as-is and saves a little time not having to open and close it. It's the last thing to go into my minivan and then of course the...
  9. bermuda

We already had a thread about this.
  10. bermuda

Learning Songs as the New Drummer

These days I just smile while using the app. :)
  11. bermuda

Evans ST Dry Snare Head

Absolutely! I have it on a couple of snares that would howl with my go-to ST head. Not really resonance, just a long note for some reason. I couldn't seem to out enough padding on the snare to stop it. The ST Dry head cured it! Of course it can be used as a batter on any snare, but it is a dry...
  12. bermuda

First, find out what it pays. 😮 I know very few musicians who can turn down work on principle.
  13. bermuda

Ah, you're right. In that case, same approach - the new drummer would be expected to create parts for future songs, but not to re-write existing material (unless specifically asked to do so.)
  14. bermuda

Better to be diverse or specialize?

Let's curtail the attacks.
  15. bermuda

What do you do with parts that they played that make musical sense, and that you like? Do you change those just because you can? Let's put it this way, nobody will chastise you for playing the parts (unless they specifically asked you not to.) You cannot go wrong with that approach. It's not...