Recent content by Benthedrummer

1. Benthedrummer

No Facebook for a week, and I feel better

I have never even entertained the idea of having a Facebook account. I absolutely despise social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. I have never had any use for them.....I'm now 48 and those social media platforms are more irrelevant to me now than ever before. I...
  2. Benthedrummer

This Is Why I Cringe When Someone Says They Want To do A Pink Floyd Song

I reckon Run Like Hell from Pink Floyd would be a killin' song to cover!
  3. Benthedrummer

Do you have a feeling that you don't have to practice something that you have already mastered?

I dunno at what point you "master" something. But in terms of my own practice........I find working on the things that I actually use is the best way to go. Working on simple things....that's the real good stuff that a lot of drummers miss out on. A single stroke roll can be played many, many...
  4. Benthedrummer

Am I the only one who thinks bass drums should be at least 22"?

20" bass drums have their charms. I wouldn't use one as my primary drum if I only had one kit, but as part of a second bop/practice kit, they are wonderful. Lighter, easier for transporting and with a bit of tweaking they can deliver a nice little punch that can be exciting. I can't get mine...
  5. Benthedrummer

Good posture

I think the best example of good posture in terms of drumming is a drumeo video with Sonny Emory. That guy is a total cat. His posture on that video was just fantastic.
  6. Benthedrummer

What's the most shallow-minded thing you do in regards to playing or owning drums?

The most shallow things are: 1) I am not inspired nor interested in other drummers and how good/technical they are. No drummer really influences me. I don't like listening to other drummers. 2) I avoid gear like the plague. I own what I need only.
  7. Benthedrummer

Why do I get so many conservative banner ads here?

I actually really like the ad banners. I've seen some really cool stuff advertised.
  8. Benthedrummer

Guitar Center Screw Up is my Come up

One Fiddy!
  9. Benthedrummer

Other People in Other Professions who Play Drums

Billy Bob Thornton is actually a session drummer........isn't he?
  10. Benthedrummer

Solo thoughts/approaches

The only "soloing" I do at a gig is twice. 1) when I'm setting up for a show. 2) when I'm packing up after a show. The rest of the band somehow miraculously aren't anywhere to be seen to help me on both of these occasions. Great help guys......thanks a damn bunch!
  11. Benthedrummer

Off Topic Logo

Thanks for the tour. Man, your workshop is unbelievable! Such a total man cave. Some really cool tools and equipment 👍 You could build absolutely anything in that shop.
  12. Benthedrummer

Off Topic Logo

I love image 9633. Your mitre cuts are just spot on. I love those kinda all-purpose boxes.
  13. Benthedrummer

Off Topic Logo

Very clever stuff. I'm still looking forward to seeing some pics of your workshop and some projects.
  14. Benthedrummer

Drummers Can't Dance?

You shall love it. You WILL embrace my dancing. It is beyond my control.