Recent content by Liaztraht

1. Liaztraht

Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

I love my Burnt Orange Sparkle RNs. My last pick didn't have any stage lighting 😔 But man do they glow!
  2. Liaztraht

My favorite sticks

I'm liking them as well, but they still don't last near as long as Vater sticks. Back to the LA 5A for me. I need to dig through Vater's line for something similar.
  3. Liaztraht

Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

Rocked my RN2s as a 4 piece for the last gig. But I also rocked my Pearl piccolo as well ;)
  4. Liaztraht

Why do you drum?

You make a fair point, but they aren't people 😆
  5. Liaztraht

Why do you drum?

Never felt the urge to hurt people 😆
  6. Liaztraht

Cool drum rug replacer

I'm using a cheap outdoor area rug I got off of Amazon. A gray and cream woth a Persian style pattern. Looks great under any kit, but man does it slide around on a slick floor until the drums are on it. My last one wore out. I think the brand was wolf pack, and all the rubber on the bottom...
  7. Liaztraht

Cool drum rug replacer

Define heavily enough? I've had my kick and my slave pedal creep a bit even on a rug before. Though I currently play a heavy blend of hardcore, thrash, and some more extreme metal, so that may have something to do with it. 😉
  8. Liaztraht

playing with cheap cymbals as a stylistic choice

Well, Wuhan chinas are best chinas. I rocked an 18" B8 crash as my left side crash for years because I liked it. I did eventually replace it with an 19" Xplosion fast, but it was one of the better old ones. Not the B8X or whatever they are now. I had a super set of them early on. Put the 14"...
  9. Liaztraht

Downsizing in changing times

Man, I can't go that small. When I need to downsize, I ditch the 14x14 and my second crash. I also stack a 13x3 snare in the 16" floor toms bag. 22x14 is easy to pack and pretty compact on stage. But I also play heavier music that's sometimes not mic'd up, and I need the cut :ROFLMAO: As...
  10. Liaztraht

Cool drum rug replacer

Well, I know what I'm putting on the birthday list then. (Wife makes me make one, and refuses to take "nothing" as an answer 😆)
  11. Liaztraht

Cool drum rug replacer

They work for double pedals too? I keep a cheap rug in my car, but that would take up less space.
  12. Liaztraht

Why do you drum?

Its fun. I love music. Its a healthy outlet to take out my frustrations on. Angry? just go beat the skins. It was impossible to find a drummer so I had to learn it. Doom and groove.
  13. Liaztraht

My favorite sticks

That's one reason I tried the 5B I mentioned a few posts up. I injured my ulnar nerve a few months back, and while it affects my elbow, pinky, and ring finger, they still get irritated when working a thinner stick The slightly thicker rear balanced stick and lighter grip helped the irritation...
  14. Liaztraht

My favorite sticks

Vater Los Angeles 5A are right between the Promark 5A/747 and 5B in diameter. They sit at. 570 vs PM's .551 and .590 respectively. They are also forward weighted.
  15. Liaztraht

My favorite sticks

After years of Vater LA 5A (and some 2B) I tried some Promark Firegrain 5B rebound... I might have a new favorite. I like how they feel, and if they really last they might be worth the few extra bucks; but if they don't last as long as I hope, I'll try the regular ones. Blast beats were way...
Back