Recent content by belairien

1. belairien

For those that record themselves...

2 Neat Worker Bees 1 Shure SM57 1 AKG P2 Plus an Audient Evo 8 on recommendation. I had 650 bucks, by check, from a weeks worth of unemployment back in April finally show up. Aimed for the most economically minded, but well praised mics I could, plus stands with it. Already had XLRs. These...
  2. belairien

2 LDCs, dynamic kick and snare
  3. belairien

I play a 1 up 2 down kit, and a few cymbals. Only got a 4 channel interface and 4 mics.
  4. belairien

I watched this exact video the other day. I will be using some LDCs though. Relatively flat frequency but more sensitive to low end. The flat response should allow more control in post. I followed the same idea with the kick mic. No scooped mids
  5. belairien

What is your preferred overhead setup when using 4 mics? Recorderman? Glyn John's? Something else? Ordered myself a new interface and mics. I'm waiting for them to arrive and I'm too impatient. I would like to get as much of the toms as possible. I can handle hitting my cymbals softer and drums...
  6. belairien

BRO...stick to a set up!!

90% of my playing over the years has been the same set-up. Rack tom, floor, kick, snare, hats, 2 crashes, a ride, and sometimes a china. Sometimes I would add one or two rack toms and maybe a crash and splash. Never could jive with it, even when I had a big ol' 8 piece. After selling my last...
  7. belairien

Seems legit

I think his kick spurs are crooked. Really bugs me :ROFLMAO:
  8. belairien

I love recording improv jams

Mistakes and all, it's a great way to write. Record it all, keep what you like, and tweak it. Got around to giving a basic mix of Sunday's jam. I think this one has potential.
  9. belairien

Another dumb question: What makes a "great" ride cymbal?

That's why I still have a couple old Sabian B8 crashes. Good enough on their own if I need a quick extra voice, great in a mix.
  10. belairien

Trying to pick a different ride cymbal

Since you were looking at RBDR and Sweet rides, the Sabian AA Bash Ride is a good blend of the two. It's a crash ride version of an RBDR, so like a sweet ride it crashes and washes, and the bell cuts similar to the RBDR. Imo it's a better balance than a Sweet ride.
  11. belairien

I somewhat disagree, yet agree at the same time. While a lot of the sound comes from the player, if listening in person, heavy crashes sound like bum to me. But that is personal preference. A lot of the sound is the player, and them knowing how to play that particular cymbal. You do need to...
  12. belairien

It's always preference. Is there anything you dislike in your current rides? Is there something you wish they would do, or wouldn't do? If you know what you would like, we can point you in the general direction. But ultimately it is what your ears love. Like C.M. Jones, I also prefer...
  13. belairien

2020 was good for me gear wise.....

Remodeling is why I'm working. People are buying cabinets like crazy. Not getting a 2 week Xmas break this year. Just finished this 6 day week.
  14. belairien

2020 was good for me gear wise.....

I am also having luck gear wise as well. Not just music gear either. I think it's from still working, but not being able to go out. You tend to spend less money when you can't go out, thus have more to spend. Congrats man, that was a great find!
  15. belairien

Looking for new hats

Taking them to the band practice tomorrow. Hope they work great!