Recent content by AzHeat

1. AzHeat

Gretsch USA Custom Vs. Renown

Hanging FTs are an easy fix. Finding a matching 16 in that color shouldn’t be all that tough either. Swapping back to cast hoops sours the deal. Certainly nothing wrong with the Renown’s. I almost bought that exact size color combo myself. The only thing that stopped me was GC had it advertised...
  2. AzHeat

I'm in a band (finally) and wanted to share some original music with you all

Those tunes sound pretty good for rough videos. Songs have some nice writing and changes too. Glad you found some guys to jam with. Some good guys and decent songs beats playing alone any day. Good stuff!
  3. AzHeat

Gretsch USA Custom Vs. Renown

The beauty of a 20” deep bass drum is its way easier to cut down to 16 or 14 without worrying about the legs or lugs limiting the transition to a more manageable size.
  4. AzHeat

Switching from Electronic to Acoustic - Things to expect?

I play a TD-30 at church. It’s a miserable experience with missed hits and next to zero dynamics. The 50 is definitely better, but I’ve only played it at GC, so no real time behind the kit. It’d better be a better experience for what they cost!
  5. AzHeat

Switching from Electronic to Acoustic - Things to expect?

you can use an EAD10 for recordings. Doesn’t need to be complicated, but today you can get a nice set of mics, interface and a nice laptop for the price of an okay mixer in 2003. you can still control your volume jamming with friends or at a gig, but coming from electronic where bashing becomes...
  6. AzHeat

15" Hi Hats Shootout - 10 Hats, 5 Manufacturers

That would be an excellent video!
  7. AzHeat

Buy drum heads at Guitar Center and you'll get ripped off

You have to buy them together and arriving from the same source. If they break them up at all is where the problems arise. I'm not sure why they don't do this already, but there are items, which won't ship free, unless with another qualified item. For some reason this doesn't apply to heads...
  8. AzHeat

Drum myths you heard/believed when you were younger

I bow my head in shame!!!😔
  9. AzHeat

The truth of the matter is, while we love to hate GC (me included), most mom and pop shops closed, because they couldn't compete. Now we're stuck with crews more interested in petrie dish experiments on their hair than actually helping someone. If we keep going down the path of ordering...
  10. AzHeat

Sabian Cymbals

There's another thread on the Complex series. Too new for many to have heard in person, but from what I've heard on YT, I'd say They by no means replace any of the HHX line, but add too. In other words, if you were 100% into 18" crashes, you could get one of each line and have everything...
  11. AzHeat

Hardest “simple” things to play on drums

Sublime - Santeria. Never gave that song a second thought. Seemed total cake walk and boring, then I tried playing it. Gee, it sounded simple! It actually really is. There's nothing to it, but feel....all feel...
  12. AzHeat

Not an issue for me. They have priced matched Amazon every time.
  13. AzHeat

Unbelieveable! GC just relisted the fake snare.

One of my GC disasters was a vintage DW 5000 pedal in "Excellent Condition." When I got it it had a bout 50 pounds of sand caked on to it and the bearings were shot. I would have returned it immediately, but figured I'd clean it up and see what it looks like underneath. It surprisingly...
  14. AzHeat

Respect

Very classy indeed. That was news worth waking up to.