Recent content by axisT6

1. A

Another ORIOLLO for me!!!

I have this beast on the way. It is a 14x8.5 - 3mm spun aluminum snare with cast stainless lugs! The finish is Sable Noir. I will be finishing it with 3mm triple flanged hoops, trick strainer, german wires, and Evans heads. I will post finished pics once everything arrives.
  2. A

What gear is on your want list?

I want a 14x8 cast stainless steel snare drum.
  3. A

MOST UNIQUE CUSTOM SNARE EVER!!

...in my opinion anyway! LOL. Here is an experiment that turned out awesome. The top shell was made from Schedule 40 Stainless Steel industrial pipe (3/8” thick). The wood insert is a ½” thick bubinga stave piece. All of this is fitted into a Pearl Free Floating Chassis. This drum is a...
  4. A

THE MONSTER MARCHING KIT - A whole kit made from marching drums!!!

Many have talked about this, but noone has done it as far as I know. I decided to do it! The kit is made up of Pearl Championship Series Marching drums with the10 exception of on of the 18x14 bass drums which is a mahogany competitor series drum. It took the following to make this kit...
  5. A

What would be your dream kit?

I would have Oriollo Cast me a kit.
  6. A

Chain Drive VS Direct Drive Pedal, Double Pedal PSA

On rebound, Direct Drive foot boards are pulled by tension forces through the solid link the same way chain drive foot boards are pulled by tension forces through the chain. The chain/belt does not ever go slack unless you are able to bring your foot up faster than the pedal can react AND...
  7. A

Yamaha FP9500D Direct Drive Pedal

Does anyone know if the linkage on this pedal has bearings in it?
  8. A

Double Bass Kit with 2 28" Bass Drums

Well, it is happening. Some of you have seen this: This kit was fun, but I really prefer two bass drums. There is something about the sound and feel of two bass drums that is so satisfying to me. I also wanted to go overboard with this kit. Since I can really only manage a single...
  9. A

My New Oriollo Cast Bell Bronze Snare!!!

Back in January I contacted Oriollo drums to inquire about having a cast bell bronze snare shell made. I was amazed all the options offered! Here are the specifics I settled on: 14x8 3.4 mm shell thickness 7 mm re-rings Roundover 45 edges Holes drilled for offset single point double ended...
  10. A

Snare Drum Shell Mass/Rigidity, and Overtones - Spinoff from Least Ringy Snare Thread

In the Least Ringy Snare thread, Keep It Simple and Loach71 mentioned some very interesting things that pretty much explains why my attempts to dry out a snare with massive and rigid shell failed. Some of you may remember this drum: That shell is made of sch. 40 seamless stainless pipe...
  11. A

22" Floor Tom - Yup, it happened...

I had a spare bass drum and got curious... I think this kit is complete now. I will upload a short video later...
  12. A

28" Bass Drum - My Set-Up

The kit is simple but different. 28, 13, 16, 14. Hats are on the right which is fine. The ride is in a position where it is easy to double stick. The left position bass drum allows for a very ergonomic tom arrangement despite the 28" diameter. Since I use the slave side of the double pedal...
  13. A

28" Bass Drum Project

I got the itch for a YUUUUGE bass drum so I bought a 28x14 pearl marcher from a pawn shop for $199. It fit in the back seat of my commuter car. Here it is at home.
  14. A

Yamaha Rock Tour Customs - 90s Vintage. Whats it worth?

Well, deal fell through. No issue though. I wanted the kit mainly for the large bass drum. Fortunately a 28" kick fell into my lap. More to come in a different thread.
  15. A

Yamaha Rock Tour Customs - 90s Vintage. Whats it worth?

I will post more pics. Door ways won't be an issue....hopefully. This kit is part of an experiment. I love double bass, and wanted a big bass drum. Only issue that two large bass drums make tom placement hard. I will be setting this kit up with the bass on the left and use a lefty pedal...
Back