Recent content by AudioWonderland

1. A

Ever had your edges recut and you were unhappy with the results?

I Sent my stage custom tom shell bank in to be redone. 2 were roller coasters and a few others were off, but not outrageously so. I got them all done so they would be the same. They turned out great
  2. A

Remo Ambassador Head with Remo Emperor Head

There is an emperor snare side head. Its 5mil and quite appropriate although most prefer the Ambassador (3mil) or Diplomat (2mil)
  3. A

Zildjian "Armand" Series

The Armand is not really much like the sweet ride I have
  4. A

Guitar Center bankruptcy

Actually the arrangement calls for paying the MI suppliers in full
  5. A

Pearl vs. DW Drums Which do you prefer?

When you tune down to jaw like most do, they all sound muddy to me so that doens't really suprise me
  6. A

Pearl vs. DW Drums Which do you prefer?

You are the only person I have ever heard complain that DW's don't sustain long enough.
  7. A

What ultimately made you decide on the brand of drums you play?

Hell, I bought a shell bank of Yamaha Stage customs. I can do 4 up / 3 down if I want to and still did not buy every tom available. 14"/16" hanging floor toms would not get used so I passed on those. You got a great kit. I would never boot them out of my live room...
  8. A

Drum Gear Photography

Interesting kit. Guessing its vintage? I would chop the hihat rod off and get it out of your way
  9. A

How many of you drummers can play the guitar.

First drum lesson was about 40 years ago. Couldn't have drums at home so I took up guitar about 35 years ago. Bass about 20 years ago. I am not great at any of them but competent on all of them
  10. A

Barton...New to Musicians Friend

I have never liked duco finishes personally. They always came across to me as DIY weekend hatchet jobs but they certainly have a fan base. I have always been hesitant with the shared lug casing design too.. The extremely long lugs are too easily bent. Just my hangups, I have no idea what the...
  11. A

Want your input on steel snare drums.....

This.. This is a fantastic drum at any price. Caught a GC sale and got mine for $99
  12. A

Drum Dial Settings For Snare Tuning

What is medium? It means something different to each person. Tune it and listen.
  13. A

What Would You Do? (Need Advice Here)

I would say yes. You made a deposit. That is effectively a contract in my opinion. You need to honor that. I'm sure people break deals every day but that doesn't make it right.
  14. A

Why are Vater sticks cheaper???

Longevity has never been a big problem for me. I use firth mostly. Carlock / Garibaldu / extreme 5A models with a few pairs of Erskines when I need a little more from a ride pattern when recording. I still have a few pairs of Elvin Jones Promarks when I need to go light. I have tried a few...
  15. A

Tuning intervals for brighter sounding toms?

No necessarily but its plausible. It depends on which harmonic The tunbot is focusing on. A G to D# is a minor sixth. Its a larger than usual interval but is not a full octave.