Recent content by AsbaSakae69

1. AsbaSakae69

Fired for COVID/ Age

Showbiz is merciless, that's why I never tell anybody my age. Still my band gets someone else on the videos. I can live with that as long as I'm still the one playing.
  2. AsbaSakae69

Yamaha FP9

Few of the endorsed Yamaha drummers are actually using it.
  3. AsbaSakae69

Yamaha FP9

I'll try: Yamaha publishes a chart that shows how the chain drive follows a linear function between the position of the pedal and that of yr foot, whereas the DD requires less effort at the beginning and more at the end. In practice it is not a problem on the way down, but the rigid link throws...
  4. AsbaSakae69

Any gigs cancelled due to the virus?

Frankly I had been hoping for the gig this week to be cancelled (and it was), so I wouldn't have to do it myself. Likewise rehearsals and studios. It's really a dangerous thing that virus and everyone who attend conferences and religious ceremonies seem to get easily infected. Let alone health...
  5. AsbaSakae69

Recording - The unrelenting task master

Drifting slightly, have anybody faced this problem? Practicing alone I play a song right on the click each time, but when the whole band (only 3 musicians) tries to play with the click as we're preparing for studio, then we go off within a few bars. I feel guilty for it. what can I do?
  6. AsbaSakae69

gogo penguin style

thanks guys. your help appreciated. I made it through. All good.
  7. AsbaSakae69

gogo penguin style

What I meant was that I needed to do more work toward that goal, and any help would have been welcome. Then maybe you're right, we shouldn't try getting out of our comfort zone. (I've got the gig though)
  8. AsbaSakae69

Dante Agostini method teachers?

oh boy! you're contemplating the bible of French, German, Italian and South Europe drummers. We were all raised with the 5 volumes of the method, every teacher, every school, every shop..Dante Agostini himself, Italian drummer living in Paris, was never a top 500 drummer but certainly a most...
  9. AsbaSakae69

gogo penguin style

Hi all, I'm gonna audition with a band who turns classic piano and anime into jazz, a bit like go go penguin for example. But to be honest it's not easy at all and I can't play like Rob Turner, or write what he does. Could anyone share scores of a groove or two in that style which I could learn...
  10. AsbaSakae69

Input on my new Yamaha DFP9C

I have come to love mine, once I attached the 5g weight to the beater. Suddenly the pedal came alive.
  11. AsbaSakae69

What are TD9 and TD6 worth? vs a brand new TD 1 ?

thanks guys. your help much appreciated
  12. AsbaSakae69

We're in London, the overall budget is around £600. But my "what are they worth" question is in terms of the product themselves. Are the TD 6 and TD 9 good products? What's the difference with a TD 1 ? Sound ? Feel of pads? Thanks for sharing experience and views.
  13. AsbaSakae69

Guys, my band wants to acquire a Roland electronic drum for neighbor-friendly rehearsals. Budget is on the low end. I recommend we go for all-mesh but which one? Ideally TD17 but out of reach. We see used TD 9 on the market, or TD 6 KV. What are they worth? Isn't better to buy a brand new TD1...
  14. AsbaSakae69

Any idea what this cymbal is pls?

Thanks all