Recent content by aparker2005

1. A

Debating for a new Snare…

My 30th anniversary is in near mint for cheaper than most anywhere if anyone is looking for one
  2. A

Why did the birch Recording Custom bass drums not sound great?

Carter did use a PHX kick with his old Japanese RC toms for a while. His tech runs his kit and told me he much preferred the PHX to the old RC kick. He's since switched Carter to the NEW Chinese RC and said that kick is even better than the PHX now.
  3. A

Why did the birch Recording Custom bass drums not sound great?

My 20x16 rc kick is punchy, but doesn't have the depth or fullness Id like. Micd up though, it's absolutely no issue.
  4. A

Yeah I've got a few things I could realistically sell but I just can't. I try to sell snares over cymbals nowadays
  5. A

The ONLY reason is I promised the wife I'd sell to buy new things on occasion. Bought a snare I loved for years, and with the walnut being used the least, it's the one to be let go.
  6. A

Ludwig Supraphonics

I found an old 402 supersensitive that previously had the supersensitive strainer but new holes drilled for a normal strainer. It was dirty and beat up heads was all. Paid $89 plus shipping for it. Cleaned it up and now it's one of my best snares even though I don't use it much.
  7. A

Actually those were my rosewood comparisons! As for Cask redoing the edges. Bill does EXCEPTIONAL work on drums. Especially edges. Every Pork Pie I have had has been perfect. The issue with my rosewood was he went with a very shallow snare bed and vintage round over hoops. That's not an issue...
  8. A

Love K Custom Dark Rides, but I need something more cutting

Easy solution...... K Custom Medium Ride..... Specifically the 22
  9. A

Deleted

Pork Pie Copper! Digging this one more than any of my other metal snares right now!
  10. A

Carter Beauford 2022 replica

That throne is a game changer!
  11. A

Carter Beauford 2022 replica

Latest pictures of my replica of Carter's 2022 touring kit! Yes this kit stays at my church. Complete overkill for worship music, but they love it, and of course not everything is used. With a toddler at home nowadays, my drumming space is limited, so I at least get to practice any time I...
  12. A

Iem realization

Yeah the CCA ca16 fits nearly perfectly. The others fit but not nearly as well.
  13. A

Iem realization

Only this pair in particular. Others I've had definitely don't.
  14. A

Iem realization

The bass response just isn't there in my Ultimate Ears duals even vs my $19 CCA/KZ single driver iems. It's pretty incredible to compare directly
  15. A

Iem realization

Oh my customs fit perfectly, and so do these particular universals. It's the only universal that has fit just as good as my customs just about. I'm more so talking about the sound. The MUCH cheaper universals plainly sound better than these expensive customs as much as I hate to admit that.