Andy's latest activity

• Andy
    Andy replied to the thread Drum set finish - yea or nay?.
    Deconstructed Spongebob Squarepants? Would look great on a South American carnival parade samba float, but I'm strangely short on those...
  • Andy
    Andy reacted to larryace's post in the thread Drum set finish - yea or nay? with Haha Haha.
    Customized, personalized ugly finishes in the most hideous and repulsive color combinations we could think of. There's more ugliness...
  • Andy
    Andy replied to the thread Smokin - Boston: Drum Cover.
    Loved that - right up my street!!!!!
  • Andy
    I think my brain exploded! Toms are sounding lovely Alain :)
  • Andy
    I've always been a fan of natural wood finishes + traditional hand rubbed & spirited shellac. Never stained, just the beauty of the wood...
    • 4.jpg
    • 14.jpg
    • 10.jpg
    • 9.jpg
  • Andy
    It’s not a fair comparison—Guru was more a labor of love than a profit-motivated business. Plus, the scale of the two businesses was...
  • Andy
    Andy replied to the thread What's better.
    Have you ever stopped to appreciate, the only reason you get to enjoy coasting down the hill, is because you struggled to get up the...
  • Andy
    Andy replied to the thread What's better.
    I'm not sure I agree with that Larry. Of course, in isolation, it's not as "technique building" as defined exercises, but I feel I...
  • Andy
    Wow - quite the story, & props to you for perseverance! I've never owned a property with a cellar, so have no experience to relate to...
  • Andy
    Andy replied to the thread Trying to get funky..
    Not only is your enjoyment of paramount importance, it also comes across in the video = enjoyable watch :)
  • Andy
    Andy reacted to GetAgrippa's post in the thread Trying to get funky. with Like Like.
    I haven't been happy with my snare since I put an Evans Genera on it. I tried a less is more version also with the kick. But you know...
  • Andy
    Doggyd69b, your opinions are clear enough without the need for harsh reinforcement. Multiple posts removed, & thread has run it's course.
  • Andy
    The rattle / buzz is a dead giveaway :) Seriously, I love your top end of the kit playing. Lots of lovely flow & texture. Still...
  • Andy
    Andy reacted to GetAgrippa's post in the thread Trying to get funky. with Haha Haha.
    Dang Andy I thought I lost that key LOL. Hiding in plain sight. DW saves a the day again and prevent another lost key. That would make a...
  • Andy
    Great fun! Leaves tuning key on snare in case of loss ;)