Recent content by alvanko

1. A

Constructive Criticism Needed

What are your thoughts on my sound and technique? This is me playing with a drumless track. Personally, I like the sound of the drums. Nice punch from the bass. My playing isn't perfect but (my opinion) not too bad. Try not to insult me too bad. I'm only looking to improve.
  2. A

DM-10 & Red Box direct recording

From what I have read, the Alesis DM-10 and Pearl red Box are the same (except for maybe the samples it has stored). Is there any way to direct record from the module? I use drumess tracks through the module with headphones and/or floor monitor, and would like to record to play back and...
  3. A

Minor Pearl Drum Quality Rant

Let me start by saying I bought a Pearl E-Pro set and I love the look, feel and the sound. I actually like the sound better then the Rolands I have. The high hat is the weak spot on both but I learn to adapt. My issue is with the hardware. Pearl is supposed to have the best in the industry but...
  4. A

Play-a-long & recording question

Alright folks. Here's a long winded question. I'm trying to figure this out. I'm an old man (54) who still plays drums at home as a hobby. Just for fun. I played in a band for many years through the 70's and 80's. I'm not great, no real technique, more of a flailer and thrasher. I enjoy harder...