Recent content by Alain Rieder

1. Alain Rieder

Jim Blackley

Very interesting, thanks for sharing!
  2. Alain Rieder

Cymbal Stand Help / Advice

I wonder why you started two threads on the same subject... Here's a cymbal stand with the original tilter (you just miss this tilter to get a normal cymbal stand). Here I replaced the tilter with this bar that you do have, but which is incomplete. Here is an element that you miss...
  3. Alain Rieder

Cymbal Stand Help

Here's a cymbal stand with the original tilter (you just miss this tilter to get a normal cymbal stand). Here I replaced the tilter with this bar that you do have, but which is incomplete. Here is an element that you miss Here is the original tilter again, on top of the bar Extra hi hat...
  4. Alain Rieder

Here it is, but yours isn't complete. It is meant to make a closed extra hat. It replaces the tilter on a cymbal stand, Then the tilter goes to the element that is on the right, so you can have an extra hat plus another cymbal on top of it. https://shop.musix.ch/en/Yamaha-CSAT940-143529.html
  5. Alain Rieder

It looks like something I have to make an extra (closed) hi-hat. Missing à few pieces, though.
  6. Alain Rieder

Dante Agostini method teachers?

I've known the Agostini books since the 70s, since they were the main drum books published in French. I have a few of them, but I haven't opened them in a long time. The small "rhythmic solfège" books were quite standard when I was studying (and then teaching) solfège at the Conservatory, and...
  7. Alain Rieder

What is Lightest Drum Kit Available

Here is the new Yamaha Stage Custom Hip set, which looks interesting: Starting with a 20”x8” bass drum which Yamaha says offers “a deep tonal low end as well as smaller footprint”. Next up is a 13”x8” floor tom, which doubles as a snare drum - perfect if you’re in need of two snares for some...
  8. Alain Rieder

What is Lightest Drum Kit Available

Yamaha will introduce a new portable kit at the NAMM show.
  9. Alain Rieder

Color of Absolute Hybrid Maple Classic Walnut

Classic Walnut was my least preferred color until I was offered a set at such a low price that I couldn’t resist. Now that I have it, I absolutely love it.
  10. Alain Rieder

Time Manipulation - the eBook version is available @Hudson Music

Would you be after the simpler stuff or the more complicated? Some of the simplest examples are on my YouTube channel at the moment, but I may change this soon. I feel that the examples work best if you look at the book at the same time. There are articles on my blog, related to the book or...
  11. Alain Rieder

Yes, I would see both books as being complementary. I worked on The New Breed myself, and I remember being still working on The New Breed II while writing the first version of Time Manipulation. I wouldn't have written my book if I had thought it was competing with any other book I knew. Time...
  12. Alain Rieder

Thanks for your purchase, I wish you much pleasure with it! For obvious reasons, the ebooks at Hudson are not printable, so on a music stand it’s best to use them on an iPad or android tablet. But there’s also a printed version available here, and there’s a 10% or 15% rebate at the moment...
  13. Alain Rieder

I'm proud to announce that the digital version of my Time Manipulation Drum Book is now available for download at Hudson Music. All of the audio examples are embedded into the ebook, so you can listen to them by tapping on screen. The audio can also be downloaded. Choose the English or French...
  14. Alain Rieder

Good Solo or Fill Technique for 3/4 Jazz

I would say a combination of both.
  15. Alain Rieder

Sticks slipping

I use Zildjian drumstick wax.