Recent content by Alain Rieder

1. Alain Rieder

14x14 floor tom vs 14x12 hanging floor tom

I have these Pearl legs on my 14x12 RC tom.
  2. Alain Rieder

I have no idea of its value, it looks like a Stage Custom. The ones that are sought after are the Recording Custom legged floor toms.
  3. Alain Rieder

I have a 14x12 Recording Custom hanging floor tom from the end of the 90s that has been drilled to put legs, and I think it's fine. In my case I've had it for cheap, it is close to impossible to find a legged floor tom from this era anyway.
  4. Alain Rieder

How Much Does a Yamaha 950 throne weigh?

You're right the base itself is fine, like most Yamaha hardware. The seat itself is very stiff so I guess using that base with another seat is ok. It includes a memory lock.
  5. Alain Rieder

How Much Does a Yamaha 950 throne weigh?

I prefer the Yamaha DS840 over the DS950, I find it more comfortable. I have four of them, one for gigging and two in my studio, as well as one on my electronic set at home. It is round over a three legged base, takes less room, is cheaper and weighs less. DS840 : 5.5 kg DS950 : 8.3 kg
  6. Alain Rieder

I don’t understand you bag people.

i have a set of Hardcases that I don't take out most of the time. One of my sets is well protected inside the boxes in my studio. I prefer using bags, I have a set of Impact bags that are old but still in a very good shape. I don't know if they still available. The handles are long enough to...
  7. Alain Rieder

The legendary Steve Gadd

In case anyone wonders if Dave Weckl respects Steve Gadd.
  8. Alain Rieder

The legendary Steve Gadd

I wasn't that much into jazz at the time, but seeing him play was jaw dropping. I think the next time I heard Steve was in a song called Silly Putty by Stanley Clarke three years later. Then The Leprechaun and the All Jarreau records as well were so unbelievable, as well as 50 Ways to Leave...
  9. Alain Rieder

The legendary Steve Gadd

Just a drum solo.
  10. Alain Rieder

The legendary Steve Gadd

For those who like Steve Gadd, I was 16 when I first witnessed Steve on TV in the Summer of 1972. It was a TV broadcast from the Montreux Festival which has recently surfaced.
  11. Alain Rieder

The legendary Steve Gadd

There's so much, but it's Sunday and I'm relaxing :p Just listen to him. If you don't get it you don't get it. Which drummers do you find interesting? Hudson Music published a great book about Steve Gadd, read it! https://hudsonmusic.com/product/gadd-a-life-in-time/
  12. Alain Rieder

The legendary Steve Gadd

He played stuff that was so new and fresh in the 70s, and with a feel that is second to none that he inspired and influenced a whole generation of drummers. If a few guys don't get it, no big deal for him I guess ;)
  13. Alain Rieder

easiest software to write drum tabs in?

I've been using Sibelius for many years but I stopped updating it when they went into a subscription mode. So I'm still using and old version Sibelius on an old Mac, as it isn't compatible with the newer computer. The old devoted Sibelius developper team who had been fired by Avid developed a...
Back