Recent content by Al Strange

1. Al Strange

BEST CHEAP STEEL SNARE

I picked up this beauty for less than £100...Prem APK COS 14x6.5; needed some work to get it like this (new hoops, wires, heads and a full strip, clean, and polish) but it’s an absolute beast and will rip your head off!! (y):p
  2. Al Strange

What's your latest purchase?

Nicely done mate... (y) :cool:
  3. Al Strange

Ordered a Low-Boy Leather bass drum beater

I’ve never seen one of these before, would be interested to know what they’re like... 🤔
  4. Al Strange

Up Yours 2020

What’s your view on pears and other obnoxious fruits? 🤔
  5. Al Strange

The sound of the drum is within the heads

100% this. (y) :)
  6. Al Strange

THE LITTLE SNARE THAT COULD !

I know what you mean. The thing is, if you can afford a high end drum that has the sound you love but also has additional aesthetic qualities, expensive materials, attention to detail, build quality, flawless hardware, and a look you can’t take your eyes off, why wouldn’t you? I bought my...
  7. Al Strange

ghost notes

Listen to Rod... (y) :cool:
  8. Al Strange

What's your latest purchase?

Stunning mate! Enjoy!! (y) :cool:
  9. Al Strange

The groove comes from the guitar player, the keyboard player or both...

A nice beat displacement done tastefully in the right place can really add an exciting dramatic twist to the groove... (y) :)
  10. Al Strange

Wuhan crash cymbals as hi hats.....?????

Why wouldn’t you do it? 🤔 (y):)
  11. Al Strange

Odd things you've done while drumming

I love the way you phrased that! 😂 😂😂
  12. Al Strange

Preferred retailer?

I couldn’t choose between ‘em. I’ve bought drums, hoops, heads, sticks, bags, cases etc from all of them and they all offer amazing customer service...highly recommended! (y) :)
  13. Al Strange

ghost notes

Beat down is the “Ghostbuster”... (y) :cool:
  14. Al Strange

Preferred retailer?

Errr, yeah? 😂
  15. Al Strange

Preferred retailer?

Here in the UK my go to stores are Rattle&DrumMusic (Derby), Drumshack (London), Rockem Music (Rotherham), and GAK (Brighton) who all have online stores. Thomann in Germany do some great deals so I always browse their website too. (y) :)