Recent content by Al Strange

1. Al Strange

Dave Grohl Icon Snare.

Holy smoke $4k?! Stick with the instant brewage and get more drums!! 😂 (y) :coffee: PS Love your vids mate!(y):)
  2. Al Strange

This is going to sound horrible but...

Mark King of Level 42 was a serial slapper; looking back it’s so bizarre... :unsure: ;)
  3. Al Strange

This is going to sound horrible but...

See previous post #24 above for reference... 😂
  4. Al Strange

~~ Introducing the LEGO All Star Band ~~

Nice work @Macarina ! I thought I spotted The Beatles, ZZ Top, KISS, Ed Sheeran, Chuck Berry, Elton John, Madonna, Prince, Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper, Freddy Mercury, Elvis, Jimi Hendrix and Ray Charles? (y) :D Edit: Just spotted Michael Jackson!! 😂 (y)
  5. Al Strange

Re-Shaping Tip of Drumstick

Check these out...Mike Johnston signature sticks (maple though)... :unsure: Orrrr, modify; where’s @GruntersDad ?:D(y)
  6. Al Strange

Have you tried these 5A’s? :unsure: These are slightly thinner in diameter though .565...
  7. Al Strange

British Drum Company needs to stop doing this...

You’re right, they’re not doing them justice, they look 10x better in reality... :unsure: (y)
  8. Al Strange

Sounds like you’ve found the stick you want but don’t like the tip? What stick is it? It might be that someone on here can recommend a stick that does it all? Having said that, I’ve heard of drummers modifying the tips to get the response they’re looking for...I assume it’s as straight...
  9. Al Strange

Best drum pad

I use a Thomas Lang 12” pad with a hand towel folded twice on top... 👌 :D
  10. Al Strange

May the 4th...

British humour mate... ;) (y)
  11. Al Strange

should i get a double bass pedal?

I’ve got stupidly long legs so I might get away with it...if all else fails could always do a Stet Howland and use a couple of double pedals!! :unsure: 😁(y)
  12. Al Strange

The Simpsons

Heaven knows he’s miserable now... :unsure:
  13. Al Strange

A 26” kick might well be the last bastion of bass drum exploration for me...or maybe 2 x 26”?:unsure::D(y)
  14. Al Strange

Fair do’s... :)