Recent content by Al Strange

1. Al Strange

Do You Anthropomorphize Your Drums?

Are you ready? Ahem...nobody puts baby in the corner!!:mad:😂(y)
  2. Al Strange

Coffee

Yes, it’s outrageous that this thread has been hi jacked by “tea bellies”!!!:mad: 😂
  3. Al Strange

Coffee

Look away lily-livered tea bellies:
  4. Al Strange

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

Stewart Copeland Rod Morgenstein Virgil Donati All 3 are monsters of the instrument. I have to say I absolutely love Thomas Lang as well; I admire all of these guys for having their own sound, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, not to mention that they are all really entertaining to...
  5. Al Strange

Do You Anthropomorphize Your Drums?

My Prem Gen X kit is called “Baby” but other than that I don’t partake in anthropomorphism...which is easier done than said!:unsure:😂
  6. Al Strange

Coffee

I was brought up in a family of tea bellies...it took me until I was 25 to realise that I never actually liked the stuff, and was just drinking it out of habit!! :) (y)
  7. Al Strange

Coffee

Oh man, I’m the total opposite; I like to drink coffee with the effect of playing drums!!:coffee::coffee::coffee:😝
  8. Al Strange

Maybe I am old but I just don’t understand this

That’s easy for you to say mate! 😂
  9. Al Strange

Sabian B8 Pro 20" Ride Cymbal

Hi and welcome @Luke F , I don’t know what your price point is but if you haven’t pulled the trigger on the Sabian yet I recommend a 20” Paiste Alpha Metal ride...Graham Russell drums are selling one right now! (y) :) https://www.grahamrusselldrums.com/paiste-20-alpha-metal-ride-cymbal.html
  10. Al Strange

Buddy Rich's Modern Interpretation of Modern Snare Drum Rudiments

I absolutely love this book, was one of the first books I worked on with my late great teacher...
  11. Al Strange

Sonor SQ1 (brand new kit) problems

British Drum Company 👏👏👏
  12. Al Strange

Maybe I am old but I just don’t understand this

👌 :D👏 I don’t understand why some of you guys are getting so prickly about inoffensive threads that you clearly find meaningless, not to mention annoying? It’s pretty easy; leave the thread/don’t participate... :unsure:
  13. Al Strange

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

This debacle was none of your doing mate. I’m sorry you’ve had this experience but happy to hear that Sweetwater finally came through for you; ultimately they sold you a defective product and should themselves take it up separately with Pearl. As for Pearl, I can’t believe they didn’t...
  14. Al Strange

Dire Straits 'Calling Elvis' with Noble & Cooley/Istanbul Agop content

Nice work @Chris Whitten :D (y) Drums sound awesome as always!👌
  15. Al Strange

Roommate plays electric drums

All the best mate.:)