Recent content by Agd8

1. Agd8

Need urgent help from someone with an SQ2 drumkit

Hi guys, As some of you may remember, I had an issue with a badly built sq2 kit. I finally got the replacement and I've noticed something strange. The gaps between the lugs on the bass drum are not even, and the difference is very noticeable. My BD is a 22", heavy maple shell. The gap between...
  2. Agd8

Whip that snare! ;)

Some nice silliness I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPLOa4Vi4M0
  3. Agd8

Sonor's build quality- not what it used to be.

Hi everyone, As some of you know, I finally got my SQ2. After a long anticipating wait it has arrived and I was thrilled, it has been my dream to own a pro level Sonor kit since I seriously got into drumming. At the dealers place in first glance all looked well, except for a groove in the...
  4. Agd8

New SQ2!!!

Finally, after a long long wait... It's all maple shells with thin rack toms, medium floor toms and a heavy bass drum. Enjoy the pics :)
  5. Agd8

Who likes racks?

Just got my new rack and it's fantastic. The only question left is, what took me so long? Everything looks so much cleaner and it's so much easier to set up just the way I like it.
  6. Agd8

Frustration with Memphis Drum Shop

Hi guys, Usually I'm not one to complain but this really ticked me off (this might get a bit long so bear with me). About a month ago, I placed an order for several pairs of drumsticks (different brands and models). Before placing my order, I spoke to the guy in their on-line support and asked...
  7. Agd8

Vic Grip

Hi guys, Has any of you ever tried vic grip? I just got a pair I ordered on-line and it gets very sticky as I play, is it normal? I expected grippy but not sticky...
  8. Agd8

Cutting down Pearl's curved icon rack.

Hi guys, Has anyone ever tried to cut down the bars on this rack? For me the front and left side bars are just too long (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that). So, before I go buy one and start fiddling with it, I would really like to know what are your thoughts about it. Thanks...
  9. Agd8

Sonor SQ2 dilemma

Hi, I'm about to place an order for an SQ2 and some help with my dilemmas will be much appreciated. The first dilemma is floor tom sizes. The kit will be 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, either a 14x13 or 15x13, 16x14 and 22x18. I feel that the 14" floor tom is more a tom tom than a floor tom, it just isn't...