Recent content by acsunda

1. acsunda

New Vintage Slingerland Kit!

Hey guys, I've been meaning to post some pics of my new Slingerland kit I snagged on Guitar Center's used site. Aside from a few scuffs here and there, these are in excellent condition. That finish just glows when the light hits it! I just need new inlay strips for the bass drum hoops and a...
  2. acsunda

Why did Lars Ulrich abandoned the Ride Cymbal at some point?

My favorite band of all time!
  3. acsunda

Why did Lars Ulrich abandoned the Ride Cymbal at some point?

That’s so weird. Conversely, I know that for a long time, Ricky Mazzota of mewithoutYou used two 20” rides in lieu of crashes, along with hats, as his entire setup. I couldn’t live like that (Lars or Ricky) but hey, to each their own.
  4. acsunda

Just Checking In...

Interestingly enough, my other hobby that has kept me away is making medieval sword scabbards and belts, which involves a lot of stitching and leather tooling. It's actually turned into a rather brisk little side business.
  5. acsunda

Just Checking In...

Hey guys! It's been probably over a year since the last time I logged into the forum. I've been busy with some non-drum related hobbies, but I'm gonna try and make it a point to be more active on here. I just ordered a 70's Slingerland kit, so you know I'm gonna have post some pics once she gets...
  6. acsunda

What shoes do you wear for drumming?

Count me as another vote for barefoot!
  7. acsunda

What are these drums??!!

Yeah, like I said, I could easily be way off. But that's just the first thing I thought of when I saw the black and white badges without serial numbers.
  8. acsunda

What are these drums??!!

I'm late to the party, but has anyone mentioned that these might be SL series? I think only released between '79-'82, these were just before the Rocker series, and they started with the "classic" lug, then I think switched to the "standard", which the original Rocker's had (if I remember...
  9. acsunda

Your thoughts on "20 x "12 kick drums

I had a DW Frequent Flyer a while back and it had a 20x12 bass drum. I really liked it. Plenty of punch, sounded great!
  10. acsunda

Electronic drums fazing out acoustics?

I don't believe I said an electric guitar sounds like an acoustic guitar. I said an electric guitar sound is the sound of the actual strings you're strumming. Un-amplified, an electric guitar sounds like guitar strings being strummed, minus electric or acoustic amplification.
  11. acsunda

Shipping inaccuracies with Reverb

Sure, IF it's shipped in separate boxes. But why would you do that?
  12. acsunda

Electronic drums fazing out acoustics?

My two cents, and I'm sure someone has probably already said this, is the difference between e-drums and other electric instruments, like guitars and such. An electric guitar's sound is still the sound of the instrument itself in real-time, just amplified. When you strum an electric guitar, the...
  13. acsunda

I know we've all moved on to the question of refunds, et al. But I'm still hung up on the shipping cost. Was it an overly large kit? Earlier this year, I got an estimate for a guy, shipping a 4 piece kit from Kentucky to Melbourne, Australia, and the estimate was around $350-$450 (he ultimately...
  14. acsunda

Out of curiosity, where is it shipping from/to?
  15. acsunda

If packed correctly, most standard sized 4 or 5 piece kits can fit inside a 24" square box and should weigh no more than 70 lbs. Always measure and weigh beforehand, and it might be over $150 to ship, but it shouldn't be $400 unless it is crossing an ocean or it's not packed efficiently. I...
Back