Recent content by acsunda

1. acsunda

Aqua Satin Flame Rewrap!

I used 3M 30-NF contact adhesive. Worked very well.
  2. acsunda

Aqua Satin Flame Rewrap!

Stripped the old wrap first. It came off surprisingly easy.
  3. acsunda

Aqua Satin Flame Rewrap!

There was some yellowing on one side of the rack tom. Not super noticeable, but once I noticed it, I couldn’t stand it. Had to get a fresh wrap.
  4. acsunda

Aqua Satin Flame Rewrap!

Hey guys, just wanted to show off my new wrap, so here’s a before and after. I’d never done a satin flame, but it was super easy to work with. I’m pretty happy with the results.
  5. acsunda

Wrap from DrumMaker.com

Well I did finally get my wrap, although it took several weeks and I had to hound him with emails more or less constantly. Probably won’t be going back to him in the future. The wrap itself is great though!
  6. acsunda

Wrap from DrumMaker.com

Well like I said, it’s already ordered, so at this point we’ll just see what happens.
  7. acsunda

Wrap from DrumMaker.com

That’s good to hear!
  8. acsunda

Satin Flame Wrap- Elmer's Wood Glue?

Well the main difference between Elmer's white and wood is that the wood glue has a lower water content, making it tackier and less water soluble. But from what I understand, the main reason not to use regular contact cement on satin flame wrap is that the chemical nature of the contact cement...
  9. acsunda

Satin Flame Wrap- Elmer's Wood Glue?

Question. Recommended adhesive for satin flame wraps is 3M NF-30 or Elmer's white glue. The 3M stuff is expensive and I don't have any Elmer's white glue, but I do have a ton of Elmer's wood glue. Any reason to think the wood glue wouldn't work?
  10. acsunda

Wrap from DrumMaker.com

Well, I ordered a sheet and a half of aqua satin flame from Drum Supply House before I had checked back on this thread, so that's great. I was told by members of a custom drum maker's group on facebook that Jammin' Sam's site was not up to date, and that the satin flames they offered were no...
  11. acsunda

Wrap from DrumMaker.com

Has anyone used the satin flame wrap from DrumMaker.com? Seems to be one of the few places that still carries satin flame wrap and I was just curious if it was good quality wrap.
  12. acsunda

Bass Drum Hoop Inlay

Hey folks, my Standards came with the inlay missing on the bass drum hoops, and since it’s impossible to find a matching wrap, I just ordered a couple of strips in white oyster. That looks okay, right?
  13. acsunda

Size matters. Which is more important: girth or length?

I'll second that, and say the 20x12 Frequent Flyer has a huge sound for a relatively small kick drum.
  14. acsunda

What are you listening to right now?

Weezer-Pacific Daydream. "Weekend Woman" is my summer jam right now.
  15. acsunda

Mic'd Up Home Kits

I like having things mic'd up because everything is cleaner and clearer while I'm practicing.