Recent content by acsunda

1. acsunda

THE CLASSIFIEDS - For Sale / Wanted

Selling my DW Frequent Flyer kit. Fun kit, sounds great. Just looking to jump back in time to some vintage kits. 20/12/14, no snare, cymbals, or hardware. Asking $950 or best offer. https://reverb.com/item/38688996-dw-frequent-flyer-3-piece-shell-pack-20-12-14
  2. acsunda

Does buying pre owned bother you?

In my opinion, buying used is a no brainer.
  3. acsunda

Ludwig Vistalite Question

Yes, I think 70’s Vistas have a distinct sound from their counterparts from the same era.
  4. acsunda

Max Weinberg (Springsteen)?

Probably due to my age, I first saw Max Weinberg as band leader on Conan when I was in high school. I instantly fell in love with his style. It was only in my 20's that I became a Springsteen fan. He seems so at ease and graceful. He makes everything he does look effortless.
  5. acsunda

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

1) Max Weinberg- loved watching him on Conan growing up, and only later became a Springsteen fan. Something about the physical way he plays, he just looks so at ease and effortless. Graceful might be the word. 2) Ricky Mazzotta- not a famous drummer, but someone whom I've seen many times live...
  6. acsunda

Coffee

Everything is better after a cup of coffee.
  7. acsunda

Ludwig Vistalite Question

Hey guys, been a while since I posted, been focusing on some of my other hobbies lately. But I have a question about Ludwig Vistalites. Obviously, most Vistalites you see are clear/colored acrylic, but I see a few Vistalite kits here and there with white, black, or chrome wraps. My question: is...
  8. acsunda

Trying to find a nice set!

Look at Guitar Center's used section. Lots of decent kits for cheap.
  9. acsunda

DW Frequent Flyer Kit

Thanks!
  10. acsunda

DW Frequent Flyer Kit

I think the volume was down on my mixer because it’s kind of quiet, so you might need to crank up the volume. But otherwise I think this is a good example of how they sound.
  11. acsunda

Did you ever do marching band/drum corps?

Nope. I was a choir kid.
  12. acsunda

DW Frequent Flyer Kit

Yeah, I've been playing them for a few weeks now, and man they sound great. It's really everything I've been looking for in a kit, from sizes to finish (although, I won't rule out re-wrapping them in a different finish someday, probably something glittery). Toms: The only tom heads I had on...
  13. acsunda

DW Frequent Flyer Kit

Man, this thread really took some twists and turns.
  14. acsunda

DW Frequent Flyer Kit

Thanks! And yeah, I’ve had it since August and I’ve been pretty happy with it so far and haven’t had any issues. It’s all very simple, not a lot of bells and whistles. And like I said, it was a lot cheaper than a Kubota. I think it was around $25k total.
  15. acsunda

DW Frequent Flyer Kit

Oh, that makes sense. The engine is manufactured by Mahindra, as far as I can tell. Apparently Mahindra used to make tractors for International Harvester up until the late 80's, and they are still made the same way, and so the appeal is the simpler, old school build style and quality.