Recent content by 8Mile

1. 8Mile

Like A Stone (Audioslave drum cover)

Sorry, meant to post this in the Your Playing sub forum. Mods, please feel free to remove this and I'll add a new thread there.
  2. 8Mile

Like A Stone (Audioslave drum cover)

I'm still trying to get into the swing of doing drum covers. I have to use a low volume set up and a makeshift way of capturing the video and syncing it with the music. Here's a favorite of mine, lots of fun to play.
  3. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Solo 36, using the Prologix ALLN1 Russ Miller pad, no inserts this time.
  4. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Solo 35, again using brushes.
  5. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

the latest artifact of my pad addiction is this new Prologix Russ Miller ALLN1 pad. The main surface is a pretty standard rubber pad with a lot of rebound, similar to a RealFeel pad. It comes with a resistance insert you can lay on top of it to make your hands work a little more. But the best...
  6. 8Mile

My first drum cover

Changes, by Yes. I truly don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to learn. This is recorded on my low-volume setup at home, so expectations for sound quality should be pretty low. The video and audio was captured with my Zoom Q2N-4K. This had to be done in one take because any more than that...
  7. 8Mile

Recording practice

Hey, Larry! Yes, everything is OK. It breaks my heart having to put Super Pads on the USA Customs, so I just use my Luddies for the “low-volume” setup I play at home.
  8. 8Mile

Recording practice

Haha. Hey, I resemble that remark. Thanks, Andy! I started recording band rehearsals a few years ago and even reluctant band mates eventually came to appreciate the value in that.
  9. 8Mile

Recording practice

That's a good point, it's worth watching a view from the other side to see if any weird facial ticks start appearing :)
  10. 8Mile

Recording practice

Is anyone else doing this? Recording your practice sessions? Do you find it beneficial? I've decided this is going to be the next step in the evolution of my practice routine. Just turn the camera on and record practice. Recording myself has been the best tool I've found for improving, but I...
  11. 8Mile

The most beautiful drum shells finishes

I was fortunate enough to buy my favorite finish on my dream set a couple of years ago. I can tell you that none of the excitement has worn off yet. Plus, this gives me an excuse to post another picture of my babies...
  12. 8Mile

Can anyone relate?

I think I didn’t do a very good job with my meme. It was more of a lament that I cannot get my matched left hand up to par no matter how hard I work at it!
  13. 8Mile

Can anyone relate?

So the intended joke was that my left hand matched cannot keep up with the double strokes. I’m not sure my meme conveyed that clearly!
  14. 8Mile

Can anyone relate?

I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I made this dumb thing and I cannot stop laughing at it.
  15. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

I haven’t posted the last few solos on the forum, but they are up on my YouTube channel. Here’s number 30.