Recent content by 8Mile

1. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Thank you, D! I really like this pad. I've been using a couple different pads for different things over the past couple years. My main hand workouts have been on the Reflexx pad, usually the bouncy side, sometimes the dead side. For drum set, I've been using the Aquarian Super-Pads; they bring...
  2. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

So I picked up a Prologix Blue Lightning pad on the strong recommendation of WhoIsTony and I must say I love this pad. Here's my first Wilcoxon solo on the new toy. Solo 21.
  3. 8Mile

Famous flubs?

Jim Keltner at the 0:19 mark misses a snare. And I love it. The music feels great and doesn't suffer at all for it. It enhances my enjoyment of it.
  4. 8Mile

A peek inside the practice room....

This sounds so hip, Ants. I’ve started shedding this. Seems like all the best ideas are simple concepts that can be applied many different ways. Similar to what Mark Guiliana talks about.
  5. 8Mile

Groove Essentials 22 Fast

Good eye! It's actually a UE Boom. I'm assuming you could see it wedged in the rack tom mount. That's what I'm playing along to here. This is probably the last video where I'll use that. I have been learning to mix tracks in GarageBand, so that's what I plan to use in the future. It's really...
  6. 8Mile

Groove Essentials 22 Fast

I’m relying more and more on playing along to prerecorded tracks to feel like I’m playing live music these days. But I’ll take what I can get.
  7. 8Mile

Double pedal on my practice set

Thanks for checking it out. Yep, heel down. Partly because I have to watch the volume with the neighbors.
  8. 8Mile

Double pedal on my practice set

This is really short, but it was time for a break from Wilcoxon solos.
  9. 8Mile

My SQ2 order...

Wow, just stunning! Congratulations! I know they will sound as great as they look and bring you a ton of joy.
  10. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Thank you, d! Really appreciate you checking it out.
  11. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

It's been a while. Solo # 20.
  12. 8Mile

Roc-N-Soc Nitro throne question

Does anyone know if the current Roc-N-Soc Nitro thrones have an easily-removable seat cushion? The old ones are difficult to remove and I think I've heard they make it easier to take off now, but I'm hearing conflicting stories about this. Thanks!
  13. 8Mile

Zoom’d out yet?

The video is great. I've been on the student end of remote lessons, and it is strange at first, but it definitely can work. You always get right to the point and keep things concise in your vids. The learning curve to putting up content online is a steep one for me, but your stuff motivates me...
  14. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Solo number 19:
  15. 8Mile

Stan Lynch interview

This is Stan on drums from just a few years ago. I think he sounds as great as ever. I loved the laid-back feel he put down on those Petty recordings. Jimmy Iovine hated the way his drumming fit with Petty, but I think Jimmy was dead wrong about that. '