Recent content by 8Mile

1. 8Mile

The most beautiful drum shells finishes

I was fortunate enough to buy my favorite finish on my dream set a couple of years ago. I can tell you that none of the excitement has worn off yet. Plus, this gives me an excuse to post another picture of my babies...
  2. 8Mile

Can anyone relate?

I think I didn’t do a very good job with my meme. It was more of a lament that I cannot get my matched left hand up to par no matter how hard I work at it!
  3. 8Mile

Can anyone relate?

So the intended joke was that my left hand matched cannot keep up with the double strokes. I’m not sure my meme conveyed that clearly!
  4. 8Mile

Can anyone relate?

I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that I made this dumb thing and I cannot stop laughing at it.
  5. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

I haven’t posted the last few solos on the forum, but they are up on my YouTube channel. Here’s number 30.
  6. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Solo 27. Introducing some new stuff. Every solo is an adventure!
  7. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Solo 26, my first Wilcoxon solo of 2021. This is one of my favorites so far. It uses both interpretations of the 7-stroke roll that Wilcoxon liked to incorporate in his solos. Sorry about the weird breathing noises at the start. Not sure why I was doing that.
  8. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Posted this to YouTube a while ago but forgot to post the link on this thread. Solo 25. This is my new Prologix Red Storm pad. More rebound than the Blue Lightning. I was surprised at how awkward the higher-rebound pad feels to my hands after playing on high-resistance pads for so long. I...
  9. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Solo 24.
  10. 8Mile

SOUND OF METAL - Amazon Prime movie

It's a very, very good film. I found it profoundly moving. Drumming is not really what the movie is about, but I think anyone who loves drums or music in general can appreciate the tragedy the character experiences.
  11. 8Mile

Off The Record with the drum doctor

His interviews are really good. I just finally got around to watching part two of the Keltner interview yesterday. So much knowledge to glean from that.
  12. 8Mile

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

That was fantastic! You killed it, man. I'm curious about how you mixed this also. I don't hear any of Neil's drums in the track, just yours. I've played along with enough Rush records to know how difficult a task that is. If you wouldn't mind sharing. Incredible job!
  13. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

Thanks, Andy!
  14. 8Mile

Wilcoxon solos

23 down, 127 to go.
  15. 8Mile

Every Groove Essentials 2.0 Groove

This is phenomenal, man. I'm really impressed. I've been working through these books for a while now, but your dedication here is inspiring. It was your comment about working on the Advanced Lifetime Warmup for several years before you could play the paradiddle variations that inspired me to...