8Mile's latest activity

• 8Mile
    8Mile replied to the thread Zoom’d out yet?.
    The video is great. I've been on the student end of remote lessons, and it is strange at first, but it definitely can work. You always...
  • 8Mile
    8Mile reacted to WhoIsTony?'s post in the thread Zoom’d out yet? with Like Like.
    Teaching has accounted for the majority of my income since I stopped touring when my first child was born 7 years ago. In my 19 years...
  • 8Mile
    8Mile reacted to WhoIsTony?'s post in the thread Wilcoxon solos with Love Love.
    always awesome brother such an extremely important book so much creativity and so many extremely musical phrases. I can always tell...
  • 8Mile
    8Mile replied to the thread Wilcoxon solos.
    Solo number 19:
  • 8Mile
    8Mile reacted to David Hunter's post in the thread Stan Lynch interview with Like Like.
    John DeChristopher did a great Zoom interview with Lynch a few months back. Stan sheds some light about those early years, drums, etc.
  • 8Mile
    8Mile replied to the thread Stan Lynch interview.
    This is Stan on drums from just a few years ago. I think he sounds as great as ever. I loved the laid-back feel he put down on those...
  • 8Mile
    I do have a question for those of you who are gigging with it like I am. Do you still use a hardware bag or just the bag that comes with...
  • 8Mile
    Solo number 18:
  • 8Mile
    8Mile replied to the thread Pitfalls of playing a kit.
    It's not related to the instrument itself, but I experienced something similar to Andy's wasp incident. We were playing an outdoor gig...
  • 8Mile
    Solo 16: Solo 17:
  • 8Mile
    Thanks, Dave! I appreciate you checking the videos out. I remember you talking about how important these books were to you.
  • 8Mile
    8Mile reacted to dmacc_2's post in the thread Wilcoxon solos with Like Like.
    Not sure why I've never come across this thread before, but this is an awesome journal. The 2 main Wilcoxon books are near and dear to...
  • 8Mile
    8Mile replied to the thread 'playing in the pocket'?.
    I'm analytical, so I understand wanting to have a musical concept broken down into a detailed list of ingredients. But I think it's...
  • 8Mile
    Wow! Yeah, I can relate a little bit to your story because I'm my mom's technical support for her laptop. I do work in IT so I know my...
  • 8Mile
    If I recall correctly, genius producer Bob Ezrin himself has said that Simmons played it; on Destroyer only one session musician (Dick...