Recent content by 4piece4peace

1. 4

The First Kit You Got

My first kit was a red and black tiger striped Hohner. POS. A couple years after getting it the grunge era took over and I was playing out with the most 80's looking kit there was. My band was embarrassed but I was young and broke. It haunts me to this day and I only play black or wood grain...
  2. 4

Ever keep using a beater kit after getting new gear?

So a few months ago I joined a new band with a bunch of shows lined up (bad timing). I decided that since I was going to be somewhat active again it was time to get a new kit. I purchased a nice Sonor maple kit to replace my older basswood one and a set of HHX cymbals to replace my XSR and AAs...
  3. 4

What's your latest purchase?

That's fantastic!
  4. 4

Fired for COVID/ Age

Success is the best revenge. Put together a band that kicks their butts.
  5. 4

S Hoops

Thank you all for the replies. I appreciate it.
  6. 4

S Hoops

For those with experience with S-Hoops have you found that they produce a louder, more powerful snare sound than triple flange? Thanks.
  7. 4

show off your snare

My boys.
  8. 4

Tama Big Black Steel

Anyone here have any experience with the Tama Big Black Steel 14x8 snare? The band I'm currently playing in is very loud. I am cutting though a bit better with the Yamaha Stage Custom Steel 14X6.5 better than with my brass snares but was wondering if the Tama would be any louder. I don't have a...
  9. 4

What's the most shallow-minded thing you do in regards to playing or owning drums?

My OCD tendencies have made me buy only certain brands even when there is better deals on others that are perfectly fine. I play Sonor kits, Pork Pie snares, Sabian cymbals, Tama hardware, and Promark sticks (one size only). I'm not endorsed and never will be so it's silly really.
  10. 4

Customize the Jam Session of Your Dreams

Gotta go with Hendrix.
  11. 4

Kasza Cymbals

A kit I played on a few months ago had them. I had never heard of them before but I was actually impressed with the sound for the price.
  12. 4

Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

Amazing!!!
  13. 4

Favorite piece of gear that's not a drum or cymbal.

My Promark 747s My Ludwig throne. My Tama Speed Cobra I find my contact points to be the most important.
  14. 4

The BLACK thread

Nice!