Recent content by 400bpm

1. 400bpm

Sonor's SQ2 configurator is down!

Poor wording on my part, I meant the SQ2 program and not the Configurator program. I agree, very useful, more than anything I use it to see how I can fit things I want to do with my setup.
  2. 400bpm

Up and running again.
  3. 400bpm

The Ultimate Sonor SQ2 Drum Set Comparison - Part 1

The effort you guys at DCP put into these videos does not go unappreciated! One thing I want to point out in case somebody doesn't know, all the kits demoed in this video have a 2mm outer ply of Alpi veneers (Basswood/Poplar substrate as far as I know.) I don't want to go into whether or not...
  4. 400bpm

My favorite sticks

1. Vic Firth STL Thomas Lang Signature (use these 80% of the time) 2. Vic Firth CMN with nylon tip 3. Vater Assault Virgil Donati Signature 4. B-sticks 3A Hickory (my version of a light stick)
  5. 400bpm

I'd bet on cost-cutting measures to account for current global affairs followed by the "new and improved recipe!"-marketing treatment. Increased activity on that front in other places as well. One could argue the program was due for a makeover, it's had a pretty long run by now. Good to know...
  6. 400bpm

Which drum company do you think has the best finishes?

Overall I prefer Louie's work to Brian's but he's definitely at a solid second place. He's done som great sparkle lacquers as well, I particularly like the one he calls Stratosphere sparkle. The biomechanical kit he made in collaboration with airbrush artist Craig Fraser looks incredible.
  7. 400bpm

Which drum company do you think has the best finishes?

Craviotto's sparkle lacquer finishes are the best in the business to my eyes, just beautiful, very dense flakes with an unmistakable sheen to them. No idea what kind of magic they do to make them look like that, very unique compared to other manufacturers, their guy must be a real expert. They...
  8. 400bpm

Ufip Durability question

I'm very impressed with the sound of Ufip cymbals and want to convert my entire setup to them. But I keep reading horror stories on different forums about people (with seemingly good technique) cracking them left and right. Being someone who plays for extended amounts of time on a daily...
Back