Recent content by 2bsticks

1. 2bsticks

EAD10 Low volume drumset download.,

Hi, wondering if any of you were able to succesfully download this file from Yamaha. https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/software/3/1297033/ead10_alldatalvdrum.zip I keep running into issues (my PC using the wrong app?) Any help appreciated :)
  2. 2bsticks

Tuning intervals for brighter sounding toms?

Hey cdrums21, long time no speak, hope all is well with you. Pete here, still at it at soon to be 70, but cut back on the gigging quite a bit. If I can pick you brain, what would you suggest using a 10" and 14" tom spread top and bottom, bottom being a minor 3rd higher. As far as notes top...
  3. 2bsticks

Saturn Series help!

Well, turns out the kick is an 18” not 20” so not going to bother, thanks for all the input
  4. 2bsticks

Saturn Series help!

Any Mapex Saturn owners know what series this kit might be?
  5. 2bsticks

Decisions?

I appreciate all the replies, some good ones too. For now I’ll probably just sit tight, I also have a Taye Studio Maple kit 20 10 12 14 that I use for a lot of gigs and I have to tell you those thin maple shells really sound great to me anyway.
  6. 2bsticks

Decisions?

I have the Crosstown hardware now, great stuff. The TC kits are very nice but I thought the 20" bass lacked a bit of attack, that's why I was considering the 22" and still very lightweight.
  7. 2bsticks

Decisions?

Haven’t posted in a while but looking for advice. Over the years I have gone through many kits, DW, Yamaha mostly, Gretsch, Taye. Anyway as I climb towards 70 ouch, I am considering letting go of my mint Yamaha Oak Custom kit and replacing it with a Yamaha Tour Custom. I had two TC kits in the...
  8. 2bsticks

Taye Studio Maple or Yamaha Tour Custom Maple

Hi Wildbill, you are correct, I sold a TC kit a while back, long story, picked up another one. They are nice and they do the job. Obviously I go through my share of kits.
  9. 2bsticks

To my ears the Taye had a bit more attack especially the kick
  10. 2bsticks

So, I had a Taye studio maple kit I bought used, I played it about six months and it was a sweet sounding kit. I traded it in and picked up a Yamaha TC kit. Although I have been a long time Yamaha player and still play oak customs I find myself missing the Taye kit? My thinking was selling the...
  11. 2bsticks

Getting to be a bit much

Corona virus wiped out 3 months worth of gigs so far...and counting, so now I have a bit of an itch to play live again :-) Already painted three rooms, planted shrubs. Maybe I won't retire after all :-)
  12. 2bsticks

Ludwig Classic Oak

Thanks for posting, can'tr wait to get my kit. I went with the downbeat sizes, 20x14 12x8, 14x14
  13. 2bsticks

Ludwig Classic Oak

Just ordered a kit in the whiskey finish, looking forward to playing them......someday live ?
  14. 2bsticks

New Ludwig Speed King

Now if they can bring back the Ghost pedal :-)
  15. 2bsticks

How did you guys do it in the 70's??

Well, being an antique who made a living playing in show bands back in then 70's I feel your pain. I either rolled up the pant leg or a cloths pin. But mostly rolled it up.
Back