About to pull trigger: Ludwig snare guidance

Depends on the sound you want. Is the Vistalite also a piccolo? (if so, it's pretty rare!)

But if you're comparing a brass piccolo to say a 5" Vistalite, they're extremely different drums. So again, it depends on the sound you want.

Bermuda

No, the vista is a 14x5. I like both drums. I like the crack you get with a brass piccolo but the way the vistas have almost a natural reverb to them. God, decisions!

I like a wet sounding drum that cuts, and a big sound. Mixture of post-rock and drum and bass is what I play.

Overall, a 5" drum will serve you better than a picollo. It's much easier to tune it higher, than it is to get a pic to tune lower. For d&b, a pic is the right choice, but it won't work well in many other genres.

Bermuda

Well, call me crazy but if the price is right a BB pic is a heck of a nice drum and a unique voice. I'd go for it and if you find that you want something with a more mid range voice there are plenty of 5x14 drums around the market (ok maybe not so many Vistalites) that you can pick up cheap.

Well, that ship already sailed... A 14x5 Black Beauty is on It's way!!
That seems like a good choice. I have a 6.5x14 BB and love it. But I've been wanting something in the 5" deep range too. I think your drum will be a keeper.

Back