Favorite expertvillage drum videos?

All of 'em.

Everytime I need a giggle......or perhaps that should be, side-splitting, tear enducing, raucous laughter......straight to the village of "experts" I go.

I almost feel kinda sad. Think of all the kids watching these people and thinking that they actually are experts :s
I'm worried they might end up on their first practice with their friends, playing Smoke On The Water on congas with brushes
with the backbeat on 1 and 3...

Guys, I've not seen so much of these "Expert Village" clips before. They're intended as humour, right? Surely? That hip hop clip ticks every comedic box. I live the micro "on the fly" tom adjustment technique :)

I've thought about this and I think EV has to be dry humour. Otherwise it doesn't make sense. I mean, these guys are organised, right?

There's all this marketing - high Google ranks, a logo, wide spread and a 15 sec lead in ad. Usually people organised enough to manage that aren't naive enough to hand their instructional videos over to obvious rookies ... and either never, ever check their work for QC to see how it may be presenting their brand, or they are actually *impressed* by the quality on review hahaha

I really don't think it's possible. I think it's a deliberate piss-take and the guys are serving it up reeeeal dry.

It's not that I believe that such rank stupidity is impossible (after all, we get cups of coffee with "Caution: Hot liquid" on the lid) ... just that the mix of professional organisation with hilariously bad instructors who all seem utterly oblivious to their lameness is peculiar ... and they get an awful of hits from people wanting to see the train crash ...

I've thought about this and I think EV has to be dry humour. Otherwise it doesn't make sense. I mean, these guys are organised, right?

There's all this marketing - high Google ranks, a logo, wide spread and a 15 sec lead in ad. Usually people organised enough to manage that aren't naive enough to hand their instructional videos over to obvious rookies ... and either never, ever check their work for CQ to see how it may be presenting their brand, or they are actually *impressed* by the quality on review hahaha

I really don't think it's possible. I think it's a deliberate piss-take and the guys are serving it up reeeeal dry.

It's not that I believe that such rank stupidity is impossible (after all, we get cups of coffee with "Caution: Hot liquid" on the lid) ... just that the mix of professional organisation with hilariously bad instructors who all seem utterly oblivious to their lameness is peculiar ... and they get an awful of hits from people wanting to see the train crash ...

If it really is an attempt at comedy, it's a lucrative one:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand_Media: "In June 2007 Demand Media hired Charles Hilliard, a former Morgan Stanley investment banker and United Online senior executive, as its President and CFO[14] and acquired Byron Reese's how-to website, ExpertVillage.com of Austin, TX, for about $20 million."

If it really is an attempt at comedy, it's a lucrative one:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand_Media: "In June 2007 Demand Media hired Charles Hilliard, a former Morgan Stanley investment banker and United Online senior executive, as its President and CFO[14] and acquired Byron Reese's how-to website, ExpertVillage.com of Austin, TX, for about $20 million."

Oh ... my ... God ... I figured they were doing well but I never imagined that well!

Brilliant model. The overheads must be minimal since they would hardly need to pay "the talent" ... they probably take applications and decide which one is the most hilariously bad and give him the nod.

How about this one? The guy's a classic. The beat (with help from massive reverb) actually sounds good. But his teaching style is a riot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrY_rlNrnIw&feature=relmfu

This suggests to me that they don't care how well or badly the guys play, just as long as they're amusingly gauche in some way.

The work of an evil genius lol

Guys, I've not seen so much of these "Expert Village" clips before. They're intended as humour, right? Surely? That hip hop clip ticks every comedic box. I live the micro "on the fly" tom adjustment technique :)

Unfortunately they aren't intended as humor (humour) but just turn out that way because of the yokels that record there. These people are dead serious but just happen to be the worst at doing what they do. Funniest Home Videos has nothing on these clowns

Expert Village Idiots is more like it lol.

Unfortunately they aren't intended as humor (humour) but just turn out that way because of the yokels that record there. These people are dead serious but just happen to be the worst at doing what they do. Funniest Home Videos has nothing on these clowns

That's my point, Grunt. I think they're chosen for their funniness. How can you explain that at no stage has the QC of the vids improved over the years? It's got to be by design.

Back