Neil Peart's Taking Center Stage DVD just showed up!!!!

Doorman

Today I just received "Taking Center Stage" through the mail. It was FREE, I actually won it through a Guitar Center giveaway. I'm not trying to gloat, I'm pumped because I never win anything. Plus this forum is the only one that would share in my excitement!!! Oh yeah and it's SIGNED! I received an email a week ago that I won a copy, but I wasn't holding my breath... SURPRISE! Can't wait to watch.... Cameron

Attachments

• neil peart (1200x900).jpg
    neil peart (1200x900).jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 284
Today I just received "Taking Center Stage" through the mail. It was FREE, I actually won it through a Guitar Center giveaway. I'm not trying to gloat, I'm pumped because I never win anything. Plus this forum is the only one that would share in my excitement!!! Oh yeah and it's SIGNED! I received an email a week ago that I won a copy, but I wasn't holding my breath... SURPRISE! Can't wait to watch.... Cameron
He is the man. My buddy gets his free one from Sabian next week. Enjoy.

I dont think I want to hear more from Neil.

He seems tired of what he is doing...not that i blame him....what a career!

I wish we could gently let him go...seems to be what he really wants...to be free of supplying income to so many.

I wish we could gently let him go...seems to be what he really wants...to be free of supplying income to so many.
I knew I should of went to bed. Goodnight. :(

oooff...sorry 'bout that...im a neil lover...not hater... : )

i can see how I might have taken the wind out of your sails....my truest appologies...not my intesion.

just trying to get at what i hear.

I hate seeing economics dictate this amazing mans life...he has given more than enough.

Last edited:
I've had the DVD for a few weeks now and have watched it in it's entirety. Neil's probably my favorite drummer, and I have read his book so I watch the DVD's with great anticipation. I like them most for the history and background of the music, like the 3rd DVD has the story of how "Caravan" came to be in the studio and he dissects the song and explains all the parts. It's nice to see him playing the parts live in detail as well.

Actually if you watch some of his recent interviews and his summary of the new Dvd he actually sounds a lot, um happier.

for Op, congrats, hopefully I'll be getting a copy soon.

Actually if you watch some of his recent interviews and his summary of the new Dvd he actually sounds a lot, um happier.

for Op, congrats, hopefully I'll be getting a copy soon.
You are right. He has actually come out of his shell over the last year or two. This is a great time for all of us to hear the man and learn what we can from him. Like him or not, he is one of the greats of our life time.

What do you guys think of the end of the first DVD, when he explains the risky and masterful tempo manipulations in "Workin' Them Angels" song? I thought it was incredible

What do you guys think of the end of the first DVD, when he explains the risky and masterful tempo manipulations in "Workin' Them Angels" song? I thought it was incredible
I will let you know as soon as my buddy gets his copy and we sit down and watch it. :)

Back