Lou Reed & Metallica :(

Pollyanna - of course 'Metal Machine Music' is Lou Reed taking the piss. That's why it takes such big balls to actually do it. It's fantastic in so many ways and absolutely hilarious.

This has got to be the worst mash up I've heard.

Yes Abe, I didn't put too much of my own feelings into the OP, but I think it's pretty clear that I didn't enjoy the listening experience. To be blunt, this is worse than almost any really poor pub rock act I've seen in years. I find the whole performance is painful to listen to, & the drumming, well -------------- :(

I'm not a put down sort of guy. I almost always look for the good in things, but those that stand on the highest pedestal, must accept it's a long way down.

Normally I wouldn't even peak in on either of these "offerings"!!!! Now I know that anything is possible in the distruction of once was known as pop music. Reed was a joke back in the day except for the geeks that thougt he was a poet or something but in NYC he was a clown except for the so-called "underground" what BS!! Please don't say that guy could sing because thats ridiculous and if he wrote a lyric that was any good how about all the other poetic trash!!! As for the group, honestly half played chords and all the facial mimicing you can stand, they were horrible then and continue their trend. Its ALL sound production and staged as if its an event. This is garage band at its best! Ofcourse everyones opinion is important to them but I never had a real opinion about either of these "acts" because they don't appeal to me in any way. So I guess I'll leave it at that. Doc.

Yes Abe, I didn't put too much of my own feelings into the OP, but I think it's pretty clear that I didn't enjoy the listening experience. To be blunt, this is worse than almost any really poor pub rock act I've seen in years. I find the whole performance is painful to listen to, & the drumming, well -------------- :(

I'm not a put down sort of guy. I almost always look for the good in things, but those that stand on the highest pedestal, must accept it's a long way down.

yea, this was competing hard with my jam with my session with messrs Tranpoline man & Guitar attack dude. Lars was having a day dream it seems...

///

I like it!!! I really like it!!!

yea, this was competing hard with my jam with my session with messrs Tranpoline man & Guitar attack dude. Lars was having a day dream it seems...

///
Hahaha, yes, sorry Abe. I should have taken your recent experience into account. "Guitar attack dude" = love it! :) :) :) A good character for a 'toon.

I like it!!! I really like it!!!
No Ken, really, no Ken, you're clearly not yourself today ;)

Hahaha, yes, sorry Abe. I should have taken your recent experience into account. "Guitar attack dude" = love it! :) :) :) A good character for a 'toon.

No Ken, really, no Ken, you're clearly not yourself today ;)

Andy, this one comes under the heading , it's so bad it's good. :)

The Velvet Underground got its start when John Cale left The dream syndicate, a band prefaced proudly on emancipating noise. The Velvets were all noise, Metallica and thrash is all noise.

This is like a messy icing on the cake. It looks nicer when a pastry chef does it, but it still tastes the same.

I like some of Lou Reed and Metallica's stuff. When i saw the album i wanted to like it. I thought it might be something different or magical. Anything can happen when you get different people together. I have listened to the songs a couple of times, I just don't feel it. It may grow on me. But i don't think it will.

one by metallica is what got me into drumming. I havn't listened to metallica in years ... lars is a hack and metallica turned to shit after .. justice. megadeth's newer cd's are better than m,etallica's new cds .. it makes me sad that the band that made me want to be a metal drummer forgot how to play their music

Do you not like the Black album? i thought everyone liked that album...

I must be one of the only metallica fans on the planet who likes Load and Reload more than their earlier stuff...

Tbh, I dont really 'get' this collaboration at all...but then i'm not sure i'm meant to...

This is like many a pro athlete. The entertainment part of the ego just doesn't know when to quit. If they had any true friends, they would tell them to hang up the spikes and wash the jock for the final time. And I have to disagree with some in that this is so bad that it could never be of any good.

It seemed to me to be a logical pair from the beginning, the godfather of Punk and the greatest progenitors of Thrash. I think it sounds exactly like one would expect. People are not going to like it either because they don't see this as their Metallica , don't listen to Metallica or can't understand why Reed is playing with Metallica. I can't understand why any one would not see that they are getting exactly what being put into the project. Are we going to criticize the incompatibility of Reed's monotone delivery because after all Metallica was such a great melodic band without him?

It seemed to me to be a logical pair from the beginning, the godfather of Punk and the greatest progenitors of Thrash. I think it sounds exactly like one would expect. People are not going to like it either because they don't see this as their Metallica , don't listen to Metallica or can't understand why Reed is playing with Metallica. I can't understand why any one would not see that they are getting exactly what being put into the project. Are we going to criticize the incompatibility of Reed's monotone delivery because after all Metallica was such a great melodic band without him?
Unfortunately Ken, & I'm probably baring the pitiful limits of my perception here, but I take a much more simple view. It's either plain crap playing, or I just don't get it, or a bit of both.

Unfortunately Ken, & I'm probably baring the pitiful limits of my perception here, but I take a much more simple view. It's either plain crap playing, or I just don't get it, or a bit of both.

It's plain crap playing. Really, normally I'm all about "your opinions are your own and I respect them even if I don't agree with them" but I can't see how anyone would find anything musical about any of this unless they really are just being blind fans of Reed, Metallica, or both.

Not trying to stir the pot, but those are the ONLY people I've heard positive reactions about this from so far...

The subjective can be abandoned in this case. It's objectively awful. I couldn't make it past a minute.

People are not going to like it either because they don't see this as their Metallica , don't listen to Metallica or can't understand why Reed is playing with Metallica.

No, people don't like it because it sounds like poop

I can't understand why any one would not see that they are getting exactly what being put into the project.

Agreed!!! I see it plain as day...they are both putting poop into this project and that is exactly what we are getting.

I think this pretty much sums it up...

wtf.jpg

I saw Metallica live in Argentina last year and it was probably the best concert I ever went to... but really, from St. Anger on, they really managed to make each album worse than the last, I don't know how that's even possible. :(

Could it be that James is sober now??? They have no producers? Are they tired and just don't give a damn anymore??

Thank God I have the s&m dvd to show my kids, 'cause this is just $%&/ing terrible.

wtf.jpg

I saw Metallica live in Argentina last year and it was probably the best concert I ever went to... but really, from St. Anger on, they really managed to make each album worse than the last, I don't know how that's even possible. :(

Could it be that James is sober now??? They have no producers? Are they tired and just don't give a damn anymore??

Thank God I have the s&m dvd to show my kids, 'cause this is just $%&/ing terrible.

This post is made of PURE WIN!

My point is that you probably don't listen to much Metallica either. And Lou Reed's legacy was never as a master musician, but as a lyricist who portrayed aspects of life that most did not write about. So my question was, when was Metallica great playing and when did Lou reed actually have a great voice? If it's crap it's not because the project is crap. It's because music wise these guys have always been crap, END of STORY.

Back