Looking for a new kit (NEED HELP)

I am new to DrummerWorld! I have a few questions! Ive been saving up some money (around the £500 mark) and ive been looking at different kits! Id just like to know your opinions on these kits! I am not a beginner as I have been playing for quite a few years and have been in a band! The style of music that I would be playing would be heavy rock, but not anything too heavy... the kit I would like would need to be suitable for gigging with

The two kits ive been looking at are

Mapex Horizon HZB Birch Series 6pc Drum Kit >>
www.drum-stop.co.uk/mapex_horizon_hzb_birch_series_6pc_drum_kit_various_colours-p-1768.html

Mapex Horizon Club Classic Drum kit >>
www.drum-stop.co.uk/mapex_horizon_club_classic_jazz_drum_kit_rattan_yellow-p-2587.html

BUT further saving could get me the Mapex Meridian Birch for almost £700.. but my concern is.. I need a set of cymbals.. but once I get the kit out of the way.. that can come next..

Buy a USED KIT, and save up some more money! Those kits are beginner kits ;) Meridian Birch or Maple a great kits, but the Horizon are too cheap...
Save up some more money and buy the whole thing used.

- You chose the most expensive instrument to play :D

Btw - what kit you got now?

Hi Maurice

Welcome to the forum...

Well, since you're not a beginner, I would suggest the option of saving a bit more cash.

This increase dramaticaly your choice of drums/brands, and more importantly, it will sound better.

I'll say keep saving...

Buy a USED KIT, and save up some more money! Those kits are beginner kits ;) Meridian Birch or Maple a great kits, but the Horizon are too cheap...
Save up some more money and buy the whole thing used.

- You chose the most expensive instrument to play :D

Btw - what kit you got now?

Thanks for the advice, I might just save up a little and get the Meridian Birch kit!

At the moment im playing a beginner kit that I was able to get dirt cheap, its a Boston kit with some minor improvements!

I had previously been using premier olympic drum kit before that!

Hi Maurice

Welcome to the forum...

Well, since you're not a beginner, I would suggest the option of saving a bit more cash.

This increase dramaticaly your choice of drums/brands, and more importantly, it will sound better.

I'll say keep saving...
Thanks for the advice, Im going to just save up, get the Meridian Birch and drum cases to keep her nice and safe!

Again Thanks!

Back