new paiste's

uniin

Gold Member
so anyone heard the new twenty masters? (and 602, twenty customs)

i went to a paiste cymbal workshop last night, and i'm absolutely in love with the 20" twenty masters dark crash ride.... so amazing that i bought it on that night.

it's currently on laybuy, but when i get it ill throw up a few pictures.

i hadn't heard the twenty customs yet, but i think the 602's were mediocre at best... not quite sure why they brought them back.
i'm also sad they're discontinuing the normal twentys, but the paiste rep for nsw said that he thinks they'll be back soon.

I'm not in love with the Twenty Customs. The concept makes me feel like Paiste is just trying to beat out Zildjian when they have perfectly fine products already. Not to mention the heavy B20's aren't my favorite either.

I do, however, enjoy the Twenty Masters and 602's. I wanna see a much bigger selection from the Masters encompassing all cymbal types. The variety of the available palette is what drew me to Paiste in the first place. The 602's are my GB's retro sisters. I can't say no to retro shimmer.

i want to see the 602 line expanded....when it does then i'll mortgage the house for a set. I'll miss my wife!!!!! :)

i agree about the twenty customs.

i think the twenty masters only having ride cymbals in that line is a bit small, but i suppose you could grab 2x 20" rides for hats, a 20" ride for a crash, a 22" ride for a crash and a 22" ride for a ride, right?

i think the 602 line is fine... the cymbals that are in that line are perfect. too much to choose from can be a burden sometimes (like the 2oo2 line... i mean, medium, crash, wild, power, thin... too many to choose!!!)

I bought the entire set of 602's (except for the flat ride) , as soon as I heard that they were going to be reintroduced, in fact I had been told I got the first set in Canada. I never buy cymbals without trying them, but I am such a huge Paiste fan I took a leap of faith and bought them.

I am thrilled with these cymbals, so much so that I sold a lot of my existing Paiste cymbals because I just wasn't using them anymore. The crashes are fantastic , very quick and crisp.The ride is my favorite, I love actual rides that work as a crash and this one is the best I have ever heard.Beautiful balance between stick definition and wash and the crash sounds like a crash ! The hihats are very nice, lower pitched and warmer than another sound edge hihats I have owned. The surprising thing about these is that you would think they would have a very sharp foot chick due to the rippled bottom, but they don't it is very subtle and doesn't cut through like you I would think.It took me is big to get used to, but I have really come to like these hihats a lot.

I would like to see them reissue the 602 Dark ride model and the Heavy hihats from this series.

If they would bring back the Sound Creations, things would be right in the cymbal world.

I think the 602's are nice cymbals - it's cool that they brought them back.
I won't miss any of the original Twenty's - I thought they were a sad attempt for a more organic sound.

I'll always have a soft spot for Paiste - yes it would be cool if they would bring back the Sound Creations - 602 alloy hammered in house. But I'm just not into the B20 cymbals hammered in Turkey then sent over to Switzerland to be "finished". I feel like Paiste is always playing catch-up with Zildjian and Sabian with this whole B20 thing. Z and S doesn't have to tout the alloy - it's understood what the material is going to be, what else would someone use? Paiste tried the B15 alloy, which a lot of players felt didn't work as well as they had hoped.

I think the 602's are nice cymbals - it's cool that they brought them back.
I won't miss any of the original Twenty's - I thought they were a sad attempt for a more organic sound.

I'll always have a soft spot for Paiste - yes it would be cool if they would bring back the Sound Creations - 602 alloy hammered in house. But I'm just not into the B20 cymbals hammered in Turkey then sent over to Switzerland to be "finished". I feel like Paiste is always playing catch-up with Zildjian and Sabian with this whole B20 thing. Z and S doesn't have to tout the alloy - it's understood what the material is going to be, what else would someone use? Paiste tried the B15 alloy, which a lot of players felt didn't work as well as they had hoped.

Paiste has done a perfectly fine job with what they have, and I sympathize with your disappointment in the bandwagon hopping.

I just wish that the new market approach didn't push all these truly interesting sounds off of the table.

Paiste has done a perfectly fine job with what they have...

I loved the sound of the Sig crashes and hats, but I found the cymbals not able to hold up over the long run...

I have a feeling Paiste will build off the Masters and come up with an expanded Twenty line with hats, etc. I hope they come up with some cool stuff, but I've moved on...

So... Did they have the Twenty Customs..anyword when they might come out ?

there's like SEVEN Twenty custom rides out right now in a variety of sizes.

there's like SEVEN Twenty custom rides out right now in a variety of sizes.

I beleive the cymbals you are talking about are the Twenty MASTERS, which are not the same as the Twenty CUSTOMS.

I read somewhere that the Customs were supposed to be released in September. I havnt seen any around yet though.

here's the cymbal i bought:

391981_10150903192620650_513070649_21655306_1636895763_n.jpg

it kind of sounds like my 18" byzance extra dry, without the dry... so its really trashy, but the bell actually cuts through. if i use bigger sticks i can't really ride on it (unless i hit super soft) because it's pretty thin and just washes out too much, but i bought it with the notion of using it as a crash more than a ride.,

I tried a heap of Customs and Masters at the recent London Drum show.

It was a difficult environment (ie loud ambient) but the masters sounded really smooth and sweet to me. My drummer friend loved the dark crisp ride.

Davo

Back