SJC CUSTOM DRUMS - ORDER IN!

My my, you must be excited :D
SJC are really respected, I want to get a hybrid or an acrylic kit from them.
Great switch from Ddrum to SJC. Ddrum's quality control has always been known as terrible, apart from the electronics (which I still think aren't a patch on Roland).

My my, you must be excited :D
SJC are really respected, I want to get a hybrid or an acrylic kit from them.
Great switch from Ddrum to SJC. Ddrum's quality control has always been known as terrible, apart from the electronics (which I still think aren't a patch on Roland).

Yeah. For an extra $300 per shell. I mean, I would do it because it looks cool, though Im not sure what kind of sound their hybrid kits will give. Im sure it will sound awesome!

Getting pretty close to the delivery date. They have told me I will have it at the end of September... That's pretty close and Im getting excited. Just debating wether to smash the DDrum Dios up out on the street and post a video of me doing this in progress... Unless anyone wants it?

Getting pretty close to the delivery date. They have told me I will have it at the end of September... That's pretty close and Im getting excited. Just debating wether to smash the DDrum Dios up out on the street and post a video of me doing this in progress... Unless anyone wants it?

If you ship it to me for free I'll gladly relieve you of it.... ;)

i'm really happy that you are excited about your new kit, but I myself would never pay that much money for drums that i could build in my basement from less that a quarter of what you paid. And what was wrong with the Dios? My friend just got a Diablo (for the looks) and i would like to warn him of any impending problems.

i'm really happy that you are excited about your new kit, but I myself would never pay that much money for drums that i could build in my basement from less that a quarter of what you paid. And what was wrong with the Dios? My friend just got a Diablo (for the looks) and i would like to warn him of any impending problems.

Building you own drums... Not for me. I know you can make them yourself for less, but I'd rather have them made by professionals, and spread the SJC name!

Not sure about the diablo. The Dios and Dominion were made by different manufactures from the rest. I had a diablo and the build quality was A LOT better than the Dios!

Give your old kit to a deserving kid. It will make you (and him/her) feel like a million

...Not to thread jack or stray from this guys kit but you really couldn't just throw together a drum kit in your basement that's just an arrogant and ignorant statement. There is a lot more to building a drum then just screwing on hoops lugs and heads.

Congrats on your new kit man i know its def an exciting wait, if you don't mind what was the total damage on the kit? I read earlier in your post you'll be playing out a lot. Sounds like you'd want something to protect that new kit check out our photo albums we also build ata flight cases and if you're interested would love to talk to you about a drum boat. but again congrats on the custom kit!!!

All finalised! Now we play the waiting game... 5 months... :(

That is a stellar looking drum kit you've ordered there. What's the latest on your delivery date, still October? It's tough waiting that long once you have ordered and paid for something. I have a 4 month wait for my new kit. It's not a custom kit, but the wait is still an extreme exercise in patience.

...Not to thread jack or stray from this guys kit but you really couldn't just throw together a drum kit in your basement that's just an arrogant and ignorant statement. There is a lot more to building a drum then just screwing on hoops lugs and heads.

Congrats on your new kit man i know its def an exciting wait, if you don't mind what was the total damage on the kit? I read earlier in your post you'll be playing out a lot. Sounds like you'd want something to protect that new kit check out our photo albums we also build ata flight cases and if you're interested would love to talk to you about a drum boat. but again congrats on the custom kit!!!

Actually I have made drums before, and have the tools to do so in my basement. I recently modified a 13" tom from my friends old Ludwig Accent and turned it into a very deep snare. My friend wanted some kind of "stage" prop snare, so I also did some artwork on it to match the motif of his band, as well as redoing the bearing edges and creating a snare bed. Plus there are literally thousands of informative websites that have tutorials on the subject.

Back