My Friend Say He Will Sell Me A Brady Drum Set

HUdrummer

My friends grandfather past away a few years ago, and hes family inherited his drum set. The name on the drumset is "Brady". I've never heard of that brand, but it looks really nice. He said hed sell it to me for $200. Neither of us know anything about the drumset. Her tried to take it to a pawn shop and they didnt take the drum set, but they took the cymbals, so all the kit is is a shell pack. It has a really cool wood finish. Its a 4 piece kit. Heres the closest picture i could find that looks like it.

12%2016%2022%20spotted%20gum%201.jpg

But it has a snare. For $200 is this a good deal?

$200 for a Brady? Add another '0' on the end of that and you're talking reasonable!

For real!!!! Damn!!! Im really excited! Now I just need $50 more. I was originally saving up for ddrum dios. Will this sound better? and is it good for metal and punk stuff?

Brady is an Australia based drum company, known for their high end kits made from exotic woods.

It is worth far more than $200.

For real!!!! Damn!!! Im really excited! Now I just need $50 more. I was originally saving up for ddrum dios. Will this sound better? and is it good for metal and punk stuff?

The Dios are an absolute joke compared to this kit. It's worth easily $2,000. I would actually offer him more with this knowledge.

Brady snare drums sell for 600 to 1000 dollars. Go for it but keep it on the down low.

I don't dislike ddrum as much as other people, but let's just say going from a dios to a Brady is like going from an every day sedan to an exotic sports car.

For $200 is this a good deal?

I'd have replied earlier but I fell out of my chair and had to pick myself up off the floor. $200??? That's daylight robbery on your part.

Deal....NOW!! Go straight to the seller....do not pass go....do not collect $200 (shame though as then the kit would be free).

And be content in the knowledge that you have just ripped someones arms and legs off. How do you sleep at night? :)

Should I tell him how much its really worth or just buy it for $200

I would say it's worth more than you're asking and offer $500. Even then, it would still be deal of the century.

He might even stick to the original offer. Last year I was given a (perfectly decent) old Pearl - I offered the person a sum and they refused.

Sweet! just one question, is it like a jazz kit bc I'm more of a metal/punk drumer

I would say it's worth more than you're asking and offer $500. Even then, it would still be deal of the century.

He might even stick to the original offer. Last year I was given a (perfectly decent) old Pearl - I offered the person a sum and they refused.
The problem is I only have 150 in my name right now, and hes really wanting to get rid of it fast

Sweet! just one question, is it like a jazz kit bc I'm more of a metal/punk drumer

Ok, if you're not gonna be serious about this, then kindly step aside. Tell your friend I have 200 bucks burning a hole in my pocket as we speak. I'll take 'em.....and I'll use 'em for jazz AND metal. :)

What does it matter? It's a Brady. You can do whatever you like with it.

Honestly, if the sizes are reasonable you can't really define a drum set in those terms - most of that is done by clever marketing. It's perfectly possible to use an old Gretsch on metal recordings (if you want to commit heresy) with tuning - provided the sizes are ok. Even if they're not, I would still go for it.

No matter what im gunna get it! I told that they are worth "alot" and he said that he will sell them to me for 150 and my old guitar (esp ltd m100)

After you've played this kit, I doubt you're ever going to need another one.

It's perfectly possible to use an old Gretsch on metal recordings (if you want to commit heresy)...
It worked for Stanton Moore when he recorded with Corrosion Of Conformity. Okay, it's more stoner rock, but close enough.

There are definitely no rules about what brands go with what genres. As PFOG likes to say, it's not the arrow, it's the Indian (that is a very nice arrow). I'd snatch them suckers up post-haste.

Back