SJC CUSTOM DRUMS - ORDER IN!

sjczildjian

I've decided the only way I am going to be happy is to have SJC build a drum kit for me.

Here is what I have ordered:

(depth x diameter)

20 x 22 Kick - 8-ply Maple
8 x 12 Rack Tom - 6-ply Maple
16 x 16 Floor Tom - 6-ply Maple

Satin Black Stain
Shadow Chrome Hardware
Tube Lugs
Die Cast Hoops on Toms
Revo Hoops on Kick
Die Cast Kick Drum Claws
Black SJC Badges
Fireskyn Kick Reso Head w/ 2x 4" Bass Drum O's & Victorian SJC Logo

Floor Tom Cradle
Stardard Suspension Rack Tom Mount

So excited. The 50% payment is about to be processed.

It will take 4-5 months till I actually get it though!

Here is a picture for those of you that are actually interested!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 11,478
I've decided the only way I am going to be happy is to have SJC build a drum kit for me.

Here is what I have ordered:

(depth x diameter)

20 x 22 Kick - 8-ply Maple
8 x 12 Rack Tom - 6-ply Maple
16 x 16 Floor Tom - 6-ply Maple

Satin Black Stain
Shadow Chrome Hardware
Tube Lugs
Die Cast Hoops on Toms
Revo Hoops on Kick
Die Cast Kick Drum Claws
Black SJC Badges
Fireskyn Kick Reso Head w/ 2x 4" Bass Drum O's & Victorian SJC Logo

Floor Tom Cradle
Stardard Suspension Rack Tom Mount

So excited. The 50% payment is about to be processed.

It will take 4-5 months till I actually get it though!

Here is a picture for those of you that are actually interested!

Out of curiosity, was that a preconfigured setup they offer and that's how they include the picture when you order, or does it actually generate that when you order?

Because I sort of would want to throw together some monster kit just to see what it would be like....

They're nice drums. Not for me, but nice drums regardless. My cousin bought one secondhand... the kick was a monster 24x24, holy crap even with a pillow in it and a central hole the thing was huge sounding.

4-5 months to get a kit in satin black with standard hardware and standard sizes? Whoa!

I am happy for them that they are so busy, but with 4-5 month wait times for non-custom stuff they likely won't stay busy for long. It is good to know that people will wait for locally made gear though.

I think they do a Series V drum kit with the same sizes as this, but this was custom from the start. With the Series V you get triple flanged hoops, chrome hardware, no tom mounting, drilled floor tom leg holder, and standard SJC heads...

I was thinking about amending the kick to a 22x22. Does anyone know what the effects are of having a longer kick drum? Ive had a 20x22 kick before and it sounded awesome, which is why I ordered it.

The picture of the kit was custom make by someone else... Just happened to be the same as what I ordered...

I was originally going to go for the gloss black with brass hardware. Everyone said it looked cheap and tacky. I liked it, but if thats the response I will get, Im not doing it. It was always a toss up between the brass and shadow chrome hardware though...

...oh and I changed it to mini tube lugs too...

Mate. It's a case of how hard it would be to sell them. I don't think any drummer deserves to play on such a terrible kit.

...Wait. Im slagging DDrum off to the max here. I might have to change my username to SJCZILDJIAN... :D

...Wait... Can that be done?

All finalised! Now we play the waiting game... 5 months... :(

DEPTH x DIAMETER

Drum Sizes: 8x12 / 16x16 / 22x22
Drum Plies: 6 on toms / 8 on kick
Drums Shell Type: Maple w/ 6 ply maple Reinforcement Rings
Drum Lugs: 1.5" Tube
Drum Lug Setup: Inline
Drum Finish: Ghost Black Satin Stain
Drum Badges: Black SJC Badge
Drum Hoops: Diecast on toms / Revo on kick - Ghost Black Satin Stain
Tom Mount System: Standard hanging mount
Floor Mount System: Standard Cradle
Mounting Brackets: DW Style
Drum Powdercoating: Black Mirror Chrome
Tom Heads: Evans G2 Clr / G1 Res
Kick Heads: EMAD / Fiberskyn
Kick Logo / Color: SJC Victorian / Black
Kick Head Holz: x2
Holz Color: Black
Holz Sizes: 4"
Holz Placement: Top and Bottom Right
Chop Block: YES - Maple
Drum Claws: DieCast

Why buy a 22inch deep bass drum and then put two holes in the head? I would have gotten a 16 inch drum and left the head intact.

Why buy a 22inch deep bass drum and then put two holes in the head? I would have gotten a 16 inch drum and left the head intact.

Well it will be used for alot of live shows... and they usually double mic it... They put one mic just inside one of the holes and another about halfway inside the drum. So they get a good low end and good attack. Can't usually get a both with one mic... they are only 4" holes... Will still sound like a cannon... And it looks mad (IMO)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 4,720
All finalised! Now we play the waiting game... 5 months... :(

DEPTH x DIAMETER

Drum Sizes: 8x12 / 16x16 / 22x22
Drum Plies: 6 on toms / 8 on kick
Drums Shell Type: Maple w/ 6 ply maple Reinforcement Rings
Drum Lugs: 1.5" Tube
Drum Lug Setup: Inline
Drum Finish: Ghost Black Satin Stain
Drum Badges: Black SJC Badge
Drum Hoops: Diecast on toms / Revo on kick - Ghost Black Satin Stain
Tom Mount System: Standard hanging mount
Floor Mount System: Standard Cradle
Mounting Brackets: DW Style
Drum Powdercoating: Black Mirror Chrome
Tom Heads: Evans G2 Clr / G1 Res
Kick Heads: EMAD / Fiberskyn
Kick Logo / Color: SJC Victorian / Black
Kick Head Holz: x2
Holz Color: Black
Holz Sizes: 4"
Holz Placement: Top and Bottom Right
Chop Block: YES - Maple
Drum Claws: DieCast

Call back and tell them to put 2 inner plies of Walnut in those bad boys. Looks like a nice kit. I like deep bass drums, but around here they are frowned upon. :)

Oh... Why walnut? Not too familiar with this type of wood...
Well if you have ever tried a Mapex Saturn you would know why. The maple and walnut sound amazing together. The walnut fattens up the maple sound, and gives it more depth. The maple brightens up the walnut. They work great together. Plus the inside of the shells look fantastic in Walnut. Maple is boring unfinished.
IMG_2817.jpg

Very true. That does look quite amazing! I tune all my drums pretty low, not too low though, Im not a fan of the flappy plastic sound. Im not even sure SJC do walnut!? I didn't see it...

A 5-month wait isn't that bad for a custom-build set.. If it makes you feel any better I recently ordered a standard set of Yamaha Stage Customs in fusion sizes in the natural finish and will have to wait 4 months... They must be on a "Slow boat from China"...

Yeah I suppose it's not too bad... And there are only a handful of them that actually work there. Im quite looking forward to owning a drum kit that is built in the states, by english speak people, that actually give a sh*t... The quality will be so much better also!

Back