help

gumbie600rr

I found this guy in Mason City, Ilinois that does drum rewrapping. He works from home and his business is called the Drumfactory. Anybody heard of him or knows the kind of work that he does. I am thinking about buying a kit from him but he has a post on craigslist. He is an older gentlemen and I have spoke with him many times. He said he would ship them to me when I wire the money to his checking account. I don't want to drive 9hrs to get to him but I don't want to send money and get nothing for it. ARRRRRRR help!! His name is Gary Bender, here is the link

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/2187680455.html

Don't know anything about the guy or "vintage" kit prices but that seems a little steep to me.

As for wiring money directly into an account not sure I'm keen on that you have no recourse if the deal goes south like you would with paypal or your credit card company.

If I were you I wouldnt do it. Its actually very easy to re-wrap a drum kit. It's a lot more satisfying to do it yourself, plus a lot cheaper.

Stop and don't do anything! You can get a new Ludwig Beatles kit for alot less. I think a shell kit of the Fab4 kit is less than $2,000. So in this instance, I'd just buy new. Sure, it won't be vintage, but you won't inherit somebody else's problems either.

Vintage is good if you know what you're getting into and want to take the time to deal with them and sometimes you get a good deal, sometimes not. This is one of those instances where you don't want to get into this.

thanks but the kit I am buying off this guy is the 22 inch bass drum the larger kit. It's a downbeat 1965 kit. I am getting the drums, and all the hardware for under 2000.00. Ya the price he is asking for that other kit is way too much

thanks but the kit I am buying off this guy is the 22 inch bass drum the larger kit. It's a downbeat 1965 kit. I am getting the drums, and all the hardware for under 2000.00. Ya the price he is asking for that other kit is way too much

How much is he asking for the one you are looking at?

Dude...no such thing as a Downbeat kit with a 22"bass drum'The downbeat was 20/12/14/14.The classic and super classic were 22/13/16/14.Unless you know vintage drums,there are a lot of phonys out there.Take photos,badge serial numbers ect.and let some of the guys here take a look first.

Steve B

If I were you I wouldnt do it. Its actually very easy to re-wrap a drum kit. It's a lot more satisfying to do it yourself, plus a lot cheaper.

I re wrapped my drums in leather. They looked really hot. And it really wasn't too hard. Sold that kit for tons of money too, just for the wrap. It was a fairly cheap drumset to begin with, but the novelty of the leather made them worth more to someone else.

x

Back