Bill's home studio drum set-up pictures!

BillBachman

Gold Member
Hey guys, I just casually took a few pictures of my home studio set and thought I'd share them. It's amazing having the ability to record professionally in a soundproofed room from the comfort of your own home!

Attachments

• Studio set up.JPG
    Studio set up.JPG
    830.3 KB · Views: 7,514
  • Studio set up (1).JPG
    Studio set up (1).JPG
    747.8 KB · Views: 2,576
  • Studio set up (2).JPG
    Studio set up (2).JPG
    886.4 KB · Views: 2,511
  • Studio set up (3).JPG
    Studio set up (3).JPG
    896 KB · Views: 2,287
  • Studio set up (4).JPG
    Studio set up (4).JPG
    822.3 KB · Views: 2,548
  • Studio set up (5).JPG
    Studio set up (5).JPG
    605.7 KB · Views: 3,170
  • Studio set up (6).JPG
    Studio set up (6).JPG
    636.6 KB · Views: 3,032
That's so cool. I even like the color scheme. How did you hang the OC703? I see two that look different. How did you do the "soundproofing"? RC, clips, green glue?

Very nice! What is the platform/riser made of? Looks pretty flat and solid.

Cool, thanks y`all! The platform was made mainly because the garage floor isn't level. It consists of 3/4" subfloor stuff made of big wood chips--it won't warp like plywood (I learned the hard way) and 16" on center ribs of different widths in order to compensate for the grade. I added foam strips where the ribs sit on the floor in order to isolate it somewhat.

The ceiling is hung on clips with rubber insulators, there are two layers of 5/8" drywall with staggered seams and green glue in between. Oh, and 2 layers of R-19 in between the joists.

There are 2 walls an inch apart (other than the exterior walls of cinder block) and two entrance doors. Both layers of wall have drywall on both sides and rockwool stuff in them.

The ceiling and walls do not quite tough each other and everything is sealed with caulk. It's pretty darn cool and very quiet in the rest of the house.

How loud is it outside your house?
Now all I need to do is to own my own home again.. Hate renting! lol

Wow, great setup there. Looks like a great place to get some work done and have fun.

You pretty much can't hear it at all outside the house. In the house you can have a conversation at normal volume and forget that somebody's drumming.

The cymbal is not for sale, I have more than a few and pick and choose based on the sounds I'm looking for.

The electronic set is not hooked up, I sold all of the wires and brain so it's just there for the pads.

The drums are half homemade/restored old maple shell Pearls. They've been substantially customized.

If you look closely, there's a baby monitor next to the drums, I use the voice activation feature there to see if my little little girl wakes up in her crib!

Very nice job! Did you run he ceiling drywall all the way to the block walls and seal?

I think Ted is asking if the ceiling drywall went in first and goes to the outside wall with the inside wall's drywall coming up to meet it at the caulk joint. That way the ceiling drywall "overhang" provides a firestop. Otherwise there is a chimney all the way up the wall and around to the ceiling.

Very nice!

All I need is the equipment and the room and I could have the same thing in my home! :)

I think Ted is asking if the ceiling drywall went in first and goes to the outside wall with the inside wall's drywall coming up to meet it at the caulk joint. That way the ceiling drywall "overhang" provides a firestop. Otherwise there is a chimney all the way up the wall and around to the ceiling.

I noticed block walls and in that case you'd have to do as Bill did and seal the ceiling drywall to the block wall. In a basement that generally drops the ceiling down a bit to allow it to intersect the block wall / foundation. Sometimes you see people not wanting to sacrifice height and the assemble the ceiling but it's not intersecting the wall, leaving a flanking path with that gap.

I think Bill did a nice job.

Reading the description, I got that the side drywall was sealed to the ceiling drywall, but not that the ceiling was extending to a seal against the block wall. I don't know if this is a freestanding structure or addition and how the roof/ceiling is constructed. Cinder block wall, with metal furring and drywall is all pretty inflammable. And with a room that size he must have needed permits with inspections. So maybe there is a rockwool fire stop or some other detail he isn't going into. Definitely nicely finished. I wish I had that kind of space. Where I live we are limited to 120 sq feet for auxiliary structures unless you want to jump though all kinds of hoops.

Back