Iron Cobra vs. DW 5000 vs. Eliminator

i thought the eliminators felt light, ic felt heavier and real smooth, and the dws felt a little heavy but still very smooth. its hard to tell though, i wish icould take all 3 of them home and try them.....

AFAIK Guitar Center has a no-questions-asked 1 month return policy, so... you can. I've done it with cymbals. Well not all 3 at the same time, but maybe one at a time for a week each?

i just have to go and try them out again ive done alot of research i just have to see which one feels best

i just have to go and try them out again ive done alot of research i just have to see which one feels best

I literally spent about an hour and a half in my local store, with a throne, a kick pad, a swag of pedals and a drum key....I told them I'd have a chat when it was time to talk business and they left me alone to tweak this and adjust that....basically try and get a feel for everything, until I was ready to deal.

Take your time and be happy with your decision mate, there's no rush.

Honestly i think you'll be fine with any of them. All these top end pedals are solid. I dont really understand people who say "oh I couldn't get used to the cobras" etc. I've spent time with the cobras, dw5000's, yamaha dragons, Axis, etc. Had no issues with any of them. May have taken a little tweaking here and there, but not all that much. I like my pedals a bit tighter than most, so pretty much I just tighten the spring a bit and go... There are all sorts of adjustments, if you can't find a good sweet spot, i really dont know what to tell you... These are just words from your average drummer.

Honestly i think you'll be fine with any of them. All these top end pedals are solid. I dont really understand people who say "oh I couldn't get used to the cobras" etc. I've spent time with the cobras, dw5000's, yamaha dragons, Axis, etc. Had no issues with any of them. May have taken a little tweaking here and there, but not all that much. I like my pedals a bit tighter than most, so pretty much I just tighten the spring a bit and go... There are all sorts of adjustments, if you can't find a good sweet spot, i really dont know what to tell you... These are just words from your average drummer.

I agree with the principle....I can play on anything....but I prefer to play on some more than others. Same with sticks, heads, shell diameter/depth....just about anything you can think of....preferance goes a long way towards feeling completely comfortable.

JMO...but I dont get the whole ICs feel heavy thing. I get that when you pick them up and handle them that they are heavy duty, but when I hook them up to the kick they just fly and feel suuuper smooth. I love the action on them.
Truth be told, I think if someone walked up to me and gave me any of the high end pedals mentioned here, I would just keep them, do a little adjusting and be totally fine with them.

JMO...but I dont get the whole ICs feel heavy thing. I get that when you pick them up and handle them that they are heavy duty, but when I hook them up to the kick they just fly and feel suuuper smooth. I love the action on them.
Truth be told, I think if someone walked up to me and gave me any of the high end pedals mentioned here, I would just keep them, do a little adjusting and be totally fine with them.
\

yea i wanna go try it out again my local drum store has a iron cobra chrome and it looks nice

I've used an Iron Cobra for a year, I love the pedal! It lets me get as much speed and power out of it, if you want a longer and faster pedal along with power, I'd try the Speed Cobra, it's in chrome and it's only been out a few weeks, I was blown away, but I think I'd get a DW 9000 over it, but Speed Cobra is a 9000 only about $20-30 more than an Iron Cobra. I really like DW pedals too, I'm considering buying one as a back-up pedal. Pearl Eliminators aren't my thing. Another pedal I'd try out is a Gibraltar Prowler, good for speed and power, but quite light. But Iron Cobra or Speed Cobra HANDS DOWN!

I've used an Iron Cobra for a year, I love the pedal! It lets me get as much speed and power out of it, if you want a longer and faster pedal along with power, I'd try the Speed Cobra, it's in chrome and it's only been out a few weeks, I was blown away, but I think I'd get a DW 9000 over it, but Speed Cobra is a 9000 only about $20-30 more than an Iron Cobra. I really like DW pedals too, I'm considering buying one as a back-up pedal. Pearl Eliminators aren't my thing. Another pedal I'd try out is a Gibraltar Prowler, good for speed and power, but quite light. But Iron Cobra or Speed Cobra HANDS DOWN!

how would u compare the iron cobra vs. eliminator and what dont u like about the eliminator? thanks

Ive only had experience with the iron cobra, but let me tell you! That is a nice pedal!

Listen, any of those pedals mentioned will be absolutely fine. In fact they are at a quality level that you never need to exceed.

Why? So that you can sit at anyones' kit and play without thinking about the pedal (unless it's a complete dog of course). If you get used to esoterica then you start to get picky and finicky and that's a bad place to be.

Enjoy your pedal. I have one of these 3 but I'm not saying which.

Davo

Listen, any of those pedals mentioned will be absolutely fine. In fact they are at a quality level that you never need to exceed.

Why? So that you can sit at anyones' kit and play without thinking about the pedal (unless it's a complete dog of course). If you get used to esoterica then you start to get picky and finicky and that's a bad place to be.

Enjoy your pedal. I have one of these 3 but I'm not saying which.

Davo

Oh come on, tell us which. :)

Watch...I have an Iron Cobra.

See, Its easy. ;)

how would u compare the iron cobra vs. eliminator and what dont u like about the eliminator? thanks

Too light for my feet, not as fast as IC. I also think those pedals are smoother than the eliminator.
Iron Cobra is rock solid! Heavy too, I like heavy pedals. I like DW pedals too, but Pearls just felt like a standard pedal to me.

Back