Here's a song i did

Wicked song!

Who did the guitar/bass/synth? Was it all you?

Again I loved it and i need moar!

-Jonathan

That was pretty awesome man! Sounds really good, and tight too. You did a good job editing and mixing. Is that a sampled guitar?

I know it sounds tight, it was made to sound that way lolz. It wasn't sampled. I basically did the guitar parts in a few takes and then as i was editing it all and making sure it was in time, i re-did any notes or phrases that sounded "off". The way i recorded the guitars allowed me to do this with relative ease; I first recorded the guitar using a simple line in module, a cheap microphone preamp to be exact. Then after it had been edited, i ran the whole sequence through Guitar Rig. I could have used a real guitar amp for this, but it decided to not work :/. The point being though that because it was edited before it was amped it basically made the job a bit easier and made it sound more realistic. Same thing with the bass guitar too.

Wicked song!

Who did the guitar/bass/synth? Was it all you?

Again I loved it and i need moar!

-Jonathan

Yep, all done by EH. I am in the middle of doing another song. You've got me all wanting to get on with doing more of these recordings now lolz.

Yeah EH, me likey a lot! I especially like the rumbling bass line and the opening guitar hook. To be honest, I think this track would work better without the double kick sample stuff. A straight open single acoustic kick with a ton of sustain would give the track much more bollocks IMO. Nice!

Yeah EH, me likey a lot! I especially like the rumbling bass line and the opening guitar hook. To be honest, I think this track would work better without the double kick sample stuff. A straight open single acoustic kick with a ton of sustain would give the track much more bollocks IMO. Nice!

I know what you mean, the trouble is that i couldn't really be bothered to record a kick drum after all the other work i did. And i figured that after i ended up editing it all it probably wouldn't sound much different anyway. I tried to give the kick a bit of balls with some exciting impuls response reverb deely though. The bass was kind of mixed to give it a load of low and high end so it wouldn't be stealing any space from the guitars. Listening to it now, it is possible that i overcooked the low end a bit! Glad you like it anyway, thanks.

Last edited:
Eddie, I'm loving the tune. Good sound, interesting stops and breaks. You are very talented to be able to birth that from nothing. Well done! Very high marks on that one.

Eddie, I'm loving the tune. Good sound, interesting stops and breaks. You are very talented to be able to birth that from nothing. Well done! Very high marks on that one.

Aww you're too kind :). I always think that the music kinda writes itself. I just instruct the notes where to be on the guitar or the bass or drums or whatever and the music just makes it all come together in a nice way. Sorry if that sounds cheesy or anything lolz.

I loved it Eddie! I realize its cut pasted, but its all you all over and the musicality is coming through loud and clear. Great Job!

PS- please tell me you're on going to growl all over this? ; )

I loved it Eddie! I realize its cut pasted, but its all you all over and the musicality is coming through loud and clear. Great Job!

PS- please tell me you're on going to growl all over this? ; )

Yeah probably over some of it. I uploaded it to soundcloud now so that it's a bit better :)

I realise this was last done over a year ago, but I have FINALLY recorded vocals to go with this track. Check it out:

http://soundcloud.com/eddiehimself/control

Brilliant song Eddie, I didn't listen to the "instrumental" version (I wasn't there then...), and I can say you're amazing, I love the song from the start, inclding the phone intro, through the end, the groove is right on the money, the double bass riffs are very sharp and accurate and some very cool fills througought the song, I'm a fan. :)

Brilliant song Eddie, I didn't listen to the "instrumental" version (I wasn't there then...), and I can say you're amazing, I love the song from the start, inclding the phone intro, through the end, the groove is right on the money, the double bass riffs are very sharp and accurate and some very cool fills througought the song, I'm a fan. :)

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Anyone else care to comment? What did people think of the vocals and everything?

Hell yeah! Great song, man! I love the vocals, some screamgrunting, some clean singing, good backing vocals. Yup, very nicely done! Like this kind of rock muzak!

Eddie, you're a one man band like Ben! It's not my music but you did it well. It all sounds tight, strong and cohesive. Singing sounds very pro to me.

Thanks pol. I think us musos always appreciate well made music, whether or not it is our style (sorry I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet or anything, you know what i mean!) Who is ben? lol.

Back