Axis Longboards or DW9000

CptHowdy

Ive been wanting to buy new pedals for a long time. Ive read plenty of reviews on both items but i just cant seem to decide on which one to get. I don't have a guitar center or anything in my area so i don't have the ability to go physically test each double pedal, although if i could it would be the determining factor in my purchase. But since i can't, i am hoping that you guys could tell me your experiences with the pedals.

From the pedal, i want it to have the ability to be very quick, but not so quick i don't have control over the pedals movements. I would also like that it be very smooth in the way the slave drive's function. Also do the DW9000's have adjustable beater distances. I like having my beater somewhat closer to the head, but not so close i lose power.

I know that either pedal is going to be a huge step from my Gibraltar prowlers and that its going to take some time getting used to either pedal.

Thanks in advance for you help :]

I have tested both, and believe me Axis in my opinion would be your best choice, as a difference from the DW9000 Axis has a direct drive, not a chain drive like the 9000, plus if you can afford the A series it comes with the VDL "Variable Drive Lever" that can be used to adjust the whole feel of the pedal, from very light feel to a very medium, loose, heavy feel, plus you can adjust the beater angle easily, as well the pedal boards are lighter thicker and durable, i have the Axis XL'2s double pedals and they have improved my double bass ALOT is not all about the pedal is about your technique, but if you want speed, power, durability, and good quality, go with Axis. The 9000's are too heavy in my opinion, the beaters are hammers plus the pedal board is more heavier, you have too put too much effort to reach high speeds. The Axis Hard plastic beaters " Medmans" i think that's how there called or something like that, are lighter, but they come with the XL'2s the A series bring sobic hammers which are OK beaters.

Ive been wanting to buy new pedals for a long time. Ive read plenty of reviews on both items but i just cant seem to decide on which one to get. I don't have a guitar center or anything in my area so i don't have the ability to go physically test each double pedal, although if i could it would be the determining factor in my purchase. But since i can't, i am hoping that you guys could tell me your experiences with the pedals.

From the pedal, i want it to have the ability to be very quick, but not so quick i don't have control over the pedals movements. I would also like that it be very smooth in the way the slave drive's function. Also do the DW9000's have adjustable beater distances. I like having my beater somewhat closer to the head, but not so close i lose power.

I know that either pedal is going to be a huge step from my Gibraltar prowlers and that its going to take some time getting used to either pedal.

Thanks in advance for you help :]

I have been a fan of iron cobra power glides with the cobra coil, excellent pedals especially for the value. I have now switched to dw 9000's after trying axis longboards. The axis pedals jus don't adjust very well compared to the 9000's. I have my 9000's almost as light feeling as the axis. And I have more control at high speeds because I can 'feel' the pedal. In my opinion the axis are jus too light. Switch the beater on the 9000's if its too heavy. I would try an iron cobra beater or sonor makes a good doubl sided beater (one side hard rubber, one side felt). I have trick pro 1-v pedals ordered and should be here soon. this is the only pedal I would put ahead of the 9000's. Long boards are only appropriate if your gonna experiment with different foot techniques. I don't feel a lag in the 9000's double chain, and with their improved spring assembly it has a direct drive feel but more natural. Good luck in your journey! Hope this helps :)

with their improved spring assembly it has a direct drive feel but more natural.

I am thinking of buying a used dw9000pb, and after reading some reviews there are 1 or 2 that mention a spring breaking..is this something DW fixed this year or are the 2 reviews I read just bad luck. If it's improved over old dw9000's how can I tell by looking at it?

thanks

Honestly, both are fine pedals and I don't think you could go wrong with either. It simply comes down to personal preference. I would just play both and see which one feels best under your feet.

Those pedals are polar opposites IMO.
The Axis are very light,super fast and dont hava alot of power.
The 9000s are heavy, powerful and fast.

If you want something in between and less expensive, check out the Mapex Falcons.
They are longboards, fast, med weight and great feel.

I just bought some trick pro 1v's from adrian erlandsson and I couldn't be happier with them.
It's nice because now I have my axis longboards as spares.

Back