What songs would like most to learn

samthebeat

Silver Member
What songs would you most like to learn, Free transcriptions

I am a teacher and i am trying compile a list of the songs that students would like most learn so I can transcribe them, and set out some sort program for my students, i would be most gratefull and would be really intrested in seeing what you guys have to say.

Mine would be these at the mo

Sting - Sevendays (Vinnie)
Aja - Steely Dan (Steve Gadd)
Arron Spears version of ushers cuaght up

I will transcribe the most popular choices and post them up here for everyone, im really interested in what you want to learn at any level, its kinda market research.

cheers

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin > Immigrant Song. I particularly like We're Gonna Groove.

Deep Purple > Space Truckin', Speed King.

Black Sabbath > Iron Man. For me War Pigs is the one I like the most.

AC/DC > Back In Black, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

Of course, must be for students who like diverse music (Rock included) in their training module.

I think every student is going to have different desires, and trying to come up with one list that fits all will be near impossible, unless that list contains several hundred, if not thousands, of songs.

Most teachers I know let the student pick the song.

Well i teach a lot of young pupils, most of which havent really developed theier tastes in music yet, yet alone heard of half the sfuff i would teach them. Part of being a drum tutor is to inpire and point kids in the "right" or "good" direction, granted i teach older pupils have ideas of what songs they want to learn....do you know what songs you want to learn???

Im finding this really helpfull, i will post the transcriptions up here afterwards, i need a list of about 30 or so songs so keep your sugestions comming

i'd like to see "fool in the rain" by led zeppelin transcribed. that's a tough one! i can do it, but it took me a long time to figure it out and to play it with any kind of feeling.

i'd like to see "fool in the rain" by led zeppelin transcribed. that's a tough one! i can do it, but it took me a long time to figure it out and to play it with any kind of feeling.

I can't transcribe that beat but here is a mp3 of the beat that I played. I hope it helps, Its a shuffle with ghost notes placed in between the high hat making a complete triplet.
(exp, h-s-hh-s-hh-s-hh-s-h ) Thats whats going on between the high hat and snare in triplets
S

Last edited:

see thats what im talking about, tracks that every drummer should learn if they want to be a an acomplished player. I totattly forgot about that track, I will put it on the list for transcription cheers, any other tracks you would really like to trasnscribed??

cheers

Last edited:
another toughy from the old days is "late in the evening" by paul simon. that steve gadd mozambique groove is not easy! i have my own way of playing it, but i know it's not right.

I already own a transcription of this song (it's on a free sheet music site, I'm sure you could find it somewhere) but I personally think Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden is an INCREDIBLY fun song to learn to play...nothing to fast, but can challenge you rhythmically, and as of right now is my favorite song to jam out too...it's also at a slow tempo so good feel is essential, otherwise it's just dull

black hole sun is wkd, i think alot of soundgardens is worth learning for a good grounding in playing odd times that arnt to silly.....Rusty Cage???

Re: What songs would you most like to learn, Free transcriptions

I am a teacher and i am trying compile a list of the songs that students would like most learn so I can transcribe them, and set out some sort program for my students, i would be most gratefull and would be really intrested in seeing what you guys have to say.

Mine would be these at the mo

Sting - Sevendays (Vinnie)
Aja - Steely Dan (Steve Gadd)
Arron Spears version of ushers cuaght up

I will transcribe the most popular choices and post them up here for everyone, im really interested in what you want to learn at any level, its kinda market research.

cheers

Aja and Seven days are definitely on my list.

Crazy stuff - maybe like 5 years from now : )

Karizma - Toast for Eli
Claus Hessler - Fever Pitch
Jojo Mayer and Nerve - Syncopath
Dave Wekl - Cascade
Burnt Friedman and Jaki Leibziet - The Sticks
Peter Linhart Group - Hip Hop Otamus

Stuff that just sounds great:

Russ Miller - Mosquito Bite
Manu Katche - Cry of Passion
Manu Katche - 25th of July
Karizma - Five Storks
GRP Supergroup - Countdown

I could go on forever!

Autumn Insomnia Session and Kirlian Shores by The Flashbulb
its gonna be a longg time before i learn those though. theres plenty others but im too lazy to go find them

Back