In need of a china

not true, i cracked my wuhan splash in the first 5 minutes i played it, i cracked my wuhan china in the first week, and my other wuhan china in a month

Try hitting them harder next time.

Try hitting them harder next time.

Wuahan chinas & splashes are generally pretty thin. Add chineese quality control into the mix and you have a questionable product. Given that people bash the crap out of chinas, most of them end up cracked. There are some good ones but it can be risky to just chance that your getting a good one. I got lucky and had an 18" Wuhan last 5 years but that is usually not the case for most. On the other I hand I have a 32 year old Paiste 2002 china, no real signs of wear (cracks, keyholing, patina, etc) other than faded logos.

Wuahan chinas & splashes are generally pretty thin. Add chineese quality control into the mix and you have a questionable product. Given that people bash the crap out of chinas, most of them end up cracked. There are some good ones but it can be risky to just chance that your getting a good one. I got lucky and had an 18" Wuhan last 5 years but that is usually not the case for most. On the other I hand I have a 32 year old Paiste 2002 china, no real signs of wear (cracks, keyholing, patina, etc) other than faded logos.

Yeah, plus they are all hammered manualy which creates weak spots without quality control methods in place. I just don't see the need to kill a cymbal, you can get the same sound using finess rather than brute force. I have a 5 year old 18" and a 3 year old 20" and I play Rock, Metal, Prog. They are just what they are suposed to be. A second tier brand of cymbals for a good price.

I use the Sabian AA 18" and it seems to have a good balance between explosive cut and subtle accent. However, if you don't like the AAX you might not like the AA either.

Hope it helped!

Fluff out
Sabian's AA series Chinas are amazing. I had an 18" for years before I finally keyholed it beyond repair. I'd definitely recommend one of those chinas for anyone.

I use the Sabian AA 18" and it seems to have a good balance between explosive cut and subtle accent. However, if you don't like the AAX you might not like the AA either.

Hope it helped!

Fluff out

What about the Sabian AA 18" metal X CHINA???iS IT ANY DIFFERENT??Can get a almost new one for 80.00....

damn it :/ my favorite china is a zil oriental its my favorite cymbal in my entire set up. other than that i like sabian hhx chinas and the 2002 novas and regulars look cool

Back