Axis Pedal Replacement

scoreking81

I have 2 bass durms with my drum kit right now, and im getting a kit with only 1 bass drum, so i need to sell my 2 axis A longboard single pedals ( i know they have the conversion kit i just dont wanna pay 140 for it) I was seeing that they have DW 9000 double on ebay for 380 - 400. I was thinkin of selling my axis pedals and getting those to replace it (i need a double pedal) I think I can get 400 for my 2 axis singles, so what should i get?

My ideas are
1. Axis X longboards
2. DW 9000
3.Iron Cobra

Also is 400 a fair price for 2 lightly used Axis A series Longboard Single Pedals?

Have you tried the 9000 or the IC? They are totally different from the Axis pedal. My theory is if you really like your axis now why not just spring for the conversion kit? They are already setup for your playing style.

Have you tried the 9000 or the IC? They are totally different from the Axis pedal. My theory is if you really like your axis now why not just spring for the conversion kit? They are already setup for your playing style.

well i just got the Axis' 2 weeks ago, so im not totally adjusted. I remember liking the Ic's a while ago, but whenever i try the 9k's at GC they are always way to light, like there is 0 resistance, which i guess may be the spring tension, ive never checked the settings on GC's pedals. Also I am on an extremley tight budget so i cant blow 140 on a coversion kit. But do u think 400 for my 2 singles is a good price?

Did you buy them new or used and how much did you pay and what condition are they in?

I am partial to the Pearl Eliminator's, I got a brand new strap drive pair for 285$ off Ebay and I love the feel there's a lot of adjust-ability with those bad boy's.
Personally I wouldn't recommend the DW 9000's just off of personal preference. IC's or the Pearl are the way to go...

Did you buy them new or used and how much did you pay and what condition are they in?

I bought them used but they had no marks on them and the guy at the store said the guy who bought them used them for 2 months and couldnt get used to them so he sold em back to the store, but they dont have a scratch on them and i can clean em up to look really nice and shiny(er)

I am partial to the Pearl Eliminator's, I got a brand new strap drive pair for 285$ off Ebay and I love the feel there's a lot of adjust-ability with those bad boy's.
Personally I wouldn't recommend the DW 9000's just off of personal preference. IC's or the Pearl are the way to go...

What series of Pearl Eliminator? Also I saw a Double Iron Cobra on Ebay for 200 bucks, is that a good deal?

If the Iron cobra's are in good condition $200 is a good deal. (they normally sell new for $375) My pearl's are P2002b Pearl Powershift Eliminators. I could not be happier.
(I play tech-death, and melodic death metal so I am normally above 210 bpm)

Well in the end you really need to go back to GC and try all the pedals you can, everyones opinion is great but it does nothing for you since you are the one that will be playing them and what I like and others may like may not be right for your. Never heard the DW's called light, usually just the opposite. Adjust spring tension on the display one to see how it feels.
Might also look into yamaha pedals as well.

What kind of music are you playing or looking to use these for?

as for price selling them check e-bay and see what similar ones are going for.

Well in the end you really need to go back to GC and try all the pedals you can, everyones opinion is great but it does nothing for you since you are the one that will be playing them and what I like and others may like may not be right for your. Never heard the DW's called light, usually just the opposite. Adjust spring tension on the display one to see how it feels.
Might also look into yamaha pedals as well.

What kind of music are you playing or looking to use these for?

as for price selling them check e-bay and see what similar ones are going for.
i do death metal and thrash metal and some rock stuff but yeah tomorrow im goin to GC and trying like every pedal they have

Back