Hi-Hats: Anatolian Baris or Orion Viziuss?

immortaljin

Hey, I'm new to this forum, and I've already read some interesting stuff.
But I'm not that familiar with cymbals, and now I own a pre-used hi-hat (no brand on it) and they realy suck. So I asked my drum teacher for a hi-hat set (he sells drum stuff) and he brought me 2 sets.
1) The Orion Viziuss Hi-Hat
2) The Anatolian Baris Hi-Hat regular

He said the Anatolian Hi-Hat is a pretty good one, but it has fallen, and has a little cut-out on the side (not that big), but he can't sell them for new.
And the orion is a new one but for the same price as the anatolian now.
He asks €100 for each set, wich hi-hat cymbals do you guys prefer?
Again; I'm new to cymbas stuff, don't really know much about bright sounds and stuff, but what do you think are the best?

Thanx

Try both of them on your drum set and decide which sound fits you the best.

Hey, I'm new to this forum, and I've already read some interesting stuff.
But I'm not that familiar with cymbals, and now I own a pre-used hi-hat (no brand on it) and they realy suck. So I asked my drum teacher for a hi-hat set (he sells drum stuff) and he brought me 2 sets.
1) The Orion Viziuss Hi-Hat
2) The Anatolian Baris Hi-Hat regular

He said the Anatolian Hi-Hat is a pretty good one, but it has fallen, and has a little cut-out on the side (not that big), but he can't sell them for new.
And the orion is a new one but for the same price as the anatolian now.
He asks €100 for each set, wich hi-hat cymbals do you guys prefer?
Again; I'm new to cymbas stuff, don't really know much about bright sounds and stuff, but what do you think are the best?

Thanx

Yes, thats kinda what I'm doing at the moment, but I don't have any good hi-hats to compare with, so these set's can be awfull as far as I know, I don't know if they are crap or decent, I haven't even heard of the 2 brands.
Maybe someone else can tell me if they are worth the money or if I should find something different.
In my opinion the anatolian sounds a bit better I think. I will play more tomorrow, and test them out further.

Thanx anyway for the inspiring reply ^^

orion vizius are b8 made in brazil , automatically hammered and quite dry .

anatolian are b20 turkish cymbals , hand hammerred , very traditional and versatile sound .

both are good hihats , if they were in the same condition my vote would go to the anatolian

Hi Everyone!!!
I'm new at Drummerworld Forum, but i'm Brazilian drummer for over 24 year and i've been playing Orion for more than 10 years ,and love them! The way I see this issue is a matter of what kind of sound you are looking for, if you want some traditional Turkish sounding cymbal you will not find that on a Brazilian Cymbal. Down here in (in Brazil) we also love traditional sounding cymbals, but we are always open to try something new, something with a percussive "flavor" on it.

Back