New Ddrum Pocket kit and Tama Metalworks snare

Good choice on the Metalworks snare, size and all! I've been singing its praises since I got mine back in December. My first drum that I grew really attached to :)

And good choice with the ddrum pocket too. I might just get an ash pocket, you know... just because. Oh and to work on double bass! Yeah yeah, that's right, to work on double bass... because 24x20 is way too big for double bass... yeah yeah.... *is making excuses*

Oh, and just for everyone to hear: Good bearing edges and unchipped paint?

Congrats FreeBird on the new kit. Looks very nice. I think you will really like shorter floor toms, I know I do. Also everybody has their varying opinions on diecast hoops but I really like them. With shallower toms they add a nice meatiness to the tone of the drums.

I have a ddrum snare that has that same chrome finish and I think it looks really classy.

Try some Smooth Emperors on that kit. I bet they will sound awesome.

Cheers.

wow! that looks so nice and to add to my love i actually might be getting one :D

where do you find the second hand kits in the Uk??

i cant seem to find that many except a couple on ebay

also, whats it sound like when playing a little "rockier" stuff?

wow! that looks so nice and to add to my love i actually might be getting one :D

where do you find the second hand kits in the Uk??

i cant seem to find that many except a couple on ebay

I found it in a music shop near me called PMT, it's a chain actually. You can't argue with £350.

Good choice on the Metalworks snare, size and all! I've been singing its praises since I got mine back in December. My first drum that I grew really attached to :)

Oh, and just for everyone to hear: Good bearing edges and unchipped paint?

I love the snare, out of all the drums its my favorite just ahead of the kick :p
Ive only checked the edges on the kick so far and all is good. As for the paint it's a good finish but there are a couple of little chips on the kick. I think was from in the shop when moving around. They'e behind lugs too so you can't really see them.

Congrats! what do you think of the deep kick drum? do you find it gets muddy? or actually lots of good proection. I'm in a pickle between getting a 22 x 16 kick or a 22 x 20 kick. Not sure. Nice finish by te way, classic.

20x20 is the way forward! I love it loads of low end but it retains that punchiness. My old kit had a 22x16 and didn't like it that much. I know 22x20 is considered a 'fashion' but would so many people have it if it sounded bad?

Dude,m get the 22x20. If you don't like it, you can always get it cut down to 22x16. At least you'll have a choice that way. Plus, then you have a hoolahoop.

And that's cool to hear freebird! We all know ddrum's finishes look beautiful but they chip. Good to hear it's in unseen places in your case, though. And at least the bearing edge horror story can be laid to rest now (I haven't heard any complaints about them in at least a year now).

Back