Mapex Meridian Maple VS Pearl Vision VMX

sebob

Hi,
I have a cheap Mapex Q serie and I want to uprgrade to a bigger and better drum set. I want a 7-pieces for sure. I'm split between the meridian maple and the vision VMX. I'm ready to put about 2000$ into that kit.

Which one is better in your opinion? Is there other drum in this categorie that could interest me? And the Pro M serie, is it good as the meridian serie? What are the differences? Please say all you know about those drums.

Thanks!

i wish i could help you on this but ive never played either kit The pro-m i believe is almost the same as the meridian maple, just has a different mounting system and different style lugs. Overall either kit will be great. good luck

I don't know about the VMX, but the Mapex are very good drums. I have seen the Meridians and the look and sound great, plus some of the finest finishes on the market. I play an M Birch set myself, Mapex is becoming a force to be reckoned with in the drum world.

BY far the mapex is the way to go....i have sat behind both of these sets and my local shop and the merdian maple has a much better sound than the pearls. also if you're into it look at the meridan birch IMO i believe the birch has a better tone

Thanks everybody!
Very useful. I think I will go with the Mapex. For the Birch or Maple, I'll see in store.

05WideGuy: Which config do you have? Are the tom-toms indepandent of the bass drum? Are they attach to it? (sorry for my poor english)

I checked some TAMA, which one is equivalent to the Meridian Maple? Do you recommand it?

Thanks for your answers

Thanks everybody!
Very useful. I think I will go with the Mapex. For the Birch or Maple, I'll see in store.

05WideGuy: Which config do you have? Are the tom-toms indepandent of the bass drum? Are they attach to it? (sorry for my poor english)

I checked some TAMA, which one is equivalent to the Meridian Maple? Do you recommand it?

Thanks for your answers

Imperial star is the one that is equivalent, that or i believe its called the superstar if you shell out qa little more you can get one of those

i recconmend it i play a rockstar (one step below imperial) and if i were to go out and but a brand new drumset, it would be an imperialstar

I think you are wrong, check this link: http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/product/u_drum_data.php?year=2009&id=71

They say it's like the starter kit of TAMA. Meridian Maple isn't a starter kit in my opinion.

by starter kit you mean cheapest they discontinued the swingstar and rockstar those are the starter kits, unless they revamped the imperialstar to be a starter kit it isnt becasue it was known as their mid-end kit just a few years ago whether or not that or the superstar are the way to go if you buy tama and i believ you can get 7 pieces in both

Back