Cutting mp3 files into multiple tracks

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
What is the best way to take a long mp3 file with many songs in it and cut it into multiple tracks for a CD? I'm using a Mac. I'm just getting familiar with Garage Band.

Audacity is nice and free. You could do it with garage band but don't really need it.

Audacity is nice and free. You could do it with garage band but don't really need it.

I was going to say the same thing. But i don't have the patience to figure it out.

Thanks, I'll get Audacity and I'll give it a go. I had heard it mentioned before but I forgot the name of the program.

I tried Audacity, My Mac had a few issues with it. It even locked up once when I was using the program. I figured out a good way to do it in Garage Band. It's a slower and much more complicated task than I thought that it would be. I had to split up 12 songs. I learned a lot about Garage Band while I was figuring out how to split the songs.

did you download the beta version of audacity or the older stable version. I use the older version on both macs and pcs and it runs great but the new version crashes on every computer i try it on.

-george

Back