Should I take her virginity or not???? PG rated

Keystone

I thought that title would get some attention. But seriously I have a Ludwig 80's Chicago Keystone badge Maple classic drum set in Red Mahogany. The 24" bass drum is virgin and I do like it that way but I am toying with the idea of putting a Ludwig modular tom mount on top of the bass. Should I do it or not????

If it were a current kit I'd say go for it. It would kinda be a shame to do that to an older shell.

I wouldn't. Too many other stand-mounting options out there to bother with the drilling.

There are too many other ways of mounting toms to drill a hole in a virgin bass drum.
Cymbal stands, snare stands, and racks are all suitable prophylaxis for errant drills.

Ok so I am not going to do it. I remember another post on here about stupid things you did or modified when you were younger and I think that this may be one of those times, in which I am now going to avoid doing. Here is another one. I have a 1954??ish Sherwood snare that was given to me as a kid. (Sherwood was only out about a year or so and made by Ludwig) I think it was originally white, then painted black, and I ended up painting it peuter a few years ago, man that was dumb.

You could always wrap the snare with plastic laminate or wood laminate.

Good choice NOT making swiss cheese outta that ol Luddie!
Whew!

Imagine, there's no hardware,

No tom brackets too,

Nothing to drill or or splice for,

above us only pies,

Imagine all the tom toms,

ringing true & free,

a-a-aaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaa

I guess that I'm the wrong guy to respond to this Thread! LOL! You made the right choice. I only drilled this bass drum for this cymbal stand because I moved the tom mount to the back and there was a hole there from where the tom mount was. Rather than fill the hole I chose to use it for a practical reason. In this case it worked well for me and I don't regret it.

Attachments

• 1230081823.jpg
    1230081823.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 254
Back