Spreading joy! Getting new hats!

joshisaces

Gold Member
I've been playing with the same ole' studs of b8pro pieces of metal some might call hi hats.
I'm getting Sabian AA Fusion hats 13"
I'm pumped man! I'm getting them for $90 in great condition.
I've played the 14" but not the 13". Has anyone here played on the 13 inchesss?

I freakin love 13" hats.... seriously... There is just something about them.. they are crisp... and light.... and tasty!!

I get ear orgasms even when I listen to them sabians sight, which isn't that accurate. I've been wanting some for a long time. I'm glad I finally got 'em. I bet they'll sound better than the 14" I tried out.

ooohhhh man i got these hats man their pretty awsome, and you can get em used for pretty cheap, i love the sound closed and open, great for all styles in so happy i got these, hope you like em, just another great sabian product.

ooohhhh man i got these hats man their pretty awsome, and you can get em used for pretty cheap, i love the sound closed and open, great for all styles in so happy i got these, hope you like em, just another great sabian product.

Thanks for the review zepplin! So they're pretty versatile?

Yeah man their great listen to some Black Sabbath i think that Bill Ward uses these.
last i knew bill ward was playing regular rock hats but i could be wrong. (EDIT) u are correct, i know at one point he used rock hats, but he must of changed. bit wierd to go from rock hats for sabbath tunes to fusion hats, which im sure translate well no matter what type of music you play. sabian hats are all very versatile, but 13"s thats small for rock/metal players, i think.

last i knew bill ward was playing regular rock hats but i could be wrong. (EDIT) u are correct, i know at one point he used rock hats, but he must of changed. bit wierd to go from rock hats for sabbath tunes to fusion hats, which im sure translate well no matter what type of music you play. sabian hats are all very versatile, but 13"s thats small for rock/metal players, i think.

In no way does size matter if the 13"'s still have the power and cut that the 14's have.

What is the main difference compared with 13" and 14"? I have crappy hi-hats on the kit for my youth group at my church that is 13", and I hate them. I don't even like the size, it isn't comfortable to me. But I heard some one say that the 13" is more crispier and such. How come? Or is it particular 13" hi-hats?

What is the main difference compared with 13" and 14"? I have crappy hi-hats on the kit for my youth group at my church that is 13", and I hate them. I don't even like the size, it isn't comfortable to me. But I heard some one say that the 13" is more crispier and such. How come? Or is it particular 13" hi-hats?

I haven't gotten them yet. Should be getting them by the end of next week. I'll let you know. They do sound crisper. BUT I honestly don't know why. haha ask some more knowledgeable people.

think of the difference in crash cymbals, 14"-16"-18" struck one after the other, the 'tone' gets lower as the sizes increase, the 14" sounds brighter, for lack of a better word, than the 16" or 18"...

and congrats on the new Hats joshisaces! lets us know how they sound when you get a hold of 'em!

I have had the AA Fusion 13" hats for two years now - a fellow drummer sold them to me at a great price I could not overlook. They are my favorite I've played so far and I'm not ready to change them!

I'm also one who doesn't want to go back to 14" hats or bigger. I'm sticking (hell yeah what a pun!) with the 13" and smaller.

think of the difference in crash cymbals, 14"-16"-18" struck one after the other, the 'tone' gets lower as the sizes increase, the 14" sounds brighter, for lack of a better word, than the 16" or 18"...

and congrats on the new Hats joshisaces! lets us know how they sound when you get a hold of 'em!

So the only size for hi-hats is 13" and 14"? Or can you also 16" and 18"? Those would be pretty big. I have'nt played many 13". Only at the store, when I looked around, and at church. But how the sound is made as you described makes sense.

So the only size for hi-hats is 13" and 14"? Or can you also 16" and 18"? Those would be pretty big. I have'nt played many 13". Only at the store, when I looked around, and at church. But how the sound is made as you described makes sense.

sorry joshisaces...

'standard' sizes are 13",14" and 15" with 12" and 16" being fairly rare, but who says you can't slap together a 12" splash and mini china? or a light and heavy pair of 18" crashes? there are no rules, only ideas...

That fella in your avatar used 15" hats;-).

The trick to hats is it's tough to get them thick enough to project, yet thin enough to be articulate. Apparenty some version of that combo is achieved predominantly by 13, 14, 15 inch varieties. There are a few 16 hats, but they are rare.

Back