Is anyone familiar with the looks of this cymbal? What series might it go in?

joshisaces

Gold Member
I was browsing ebay and came across this...!
I was wondering if anyone had any information about it. It looks like it would go into the Z Custom line with all the weird hammerings on it, but will it be a new line?

80bc_3.JPG

7a3e_3.JPG

7e0d_3.JPG

I don't know... looks like a heavy one though. But if I had the money I'd buy it for the looks alone.

Z Custom series hammering is electronic and in a swirl form. This is straight up and down, who knows, it is one beautiful cymbal though.

Z Custom series hammering is electronic and in a swirl form. This is straight up and down, who knows, it is one beautiful cymbal though.

I know that. I thought this might be a new Z Custom cymbal, kind of how A Custom released the new A Custom Rezo's a while back.

I know that. I thought this might be a new Z Custom cymbal, kind of how A Custom released the new A Custom Rezo's a while back.
i knew you knew that i dont know why i even said anything about the hammering! lol sorry. i hate to think Zildjian would release a cymbal with a different hammering pattern like that. rezo's are different look completely with the lathing/finish and sound. i wouldnt think that hammering straight up and down would change the sound in the least bit, but it may cause it may only let the cymbal ring a certain way, instead of the hammering being swirled may cause a different undertone.

i dont know, just rambling i guess.

i knew you knew that i dont know why i even said anything about the hammering! lol sorry. i hate to think Zildjian would release a cymbal with a different hammering pattern like that. rezo's are different look completely with the lathing/finish and sound. i wouldnt think that hammering straight up and down would change the sound in the least bit, but it may cause it may only let the cymbal ring a certain way, instead of the hammering being swirled may cause a different undertone.

i dont know, just rambling i guess.

haha ;-)

The cymbal in the picture is a 20" Crash.

Here's another picture to show (somewhat) of how thick it is:

8361_3.JPG

This cymbal just got taken off of ebay :eek:
It said "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.

This item or one like it has been relisted."

?

haha ;-)

The cymbal in the picture is a 20" Crash.

Here's another picture to show (somewhat) of how thick it is:

8361_3.JPG

This cymbal just got taken off of ebay :eek:
It said "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.

This item or one like it has been relisted."

?
As a zildjian dealer myself. I know i can list anything on Ebay that isnt of a certain price or permission. The person may have been contacted by Zildjian to take it off. Zildjian is very stinjy of what is sold on ebay as far as new or prototypes. But once a person has a prototype its his or her own free will to do what they want with it. did it have a BIN?

As a zildjian dealer myself. I know i can list anything on Ebay that isnt of a certain price or permission. The person may have been contacted by Zildjian to take it off. Zildjian is very stinjy of what is sold on ebay as far as new or prototypes. But once a person has a prototype its his or her own free will to do what they want with it. did it have a BIN?

Nope. It was a standard auction. There were Sound Lab K Rides up on ebay too. Maybe he made a mistake in listing it or something.

Nope. It was a standard auction. There were Sound Lab K Rides up on ebay too. Maybe he made a mistake in listing it or something.
very interesting. never heard of the sound lab series obviously. maybe thats t heir "prototype" stamp that sabian uses for custom made stuff. but i know zildjian doesnt do custom cymbals like sabian.

who knows.

very interesting. never heard of the sound lab series obviously. maybe thats t heir "prototype" stamp that sabian uses for custom made stuff. but i know zildjian doesnt do custom cymbals like sabian.

who knows.

Yeah, it is their prototype. I bet Zildjian did contact him... oh well. That was a beauty!

Back