Recording pics

grahamo87

So my band (Emerald Honor) is doing a new EP to give to pitch to record labels. We set up a studio in my guitar players house. Using Logic and some good mic's/pre's to get the job done. I also borrowed my buddy's Starclassic B/B to do the recording. Here's some spec's and pics

My gear: All DW 9000 hardware, except the 5000 hihat stand.
19" K custom hybrid crash
14" A custom mastersound hats
20" A custom crash
24" K Light Ride
14x6.5 pearl reference brass snare

Drum specs (borrowed from friend)
Tama Starclassic B/B
12x9 Rack
14x12 floor
16x14 floor
22x20 kick

i will get mic specs soon and hopefully some better pictures of the room and such. If anyone wants info about anything else in the room, let me know. There are some sweet amps too :)

*EDIT* Forgot, those are REMO black suede heads on the toms, superkick 2 and evans supertough on the snare

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

Hey G,

Thanks for sharing...looks like a nice set up...post some sound for us to check out as wel. Thanks for sharing and best of luck!

JIM

Hey G,

Thanks for sharing...looks like a nice set up...post some sound for us to check out as wel. Thanks for sharing and best of luck!

JIM

I plan to as soon as we get them done. We should get unmastered drum tracks done within the next couple days with just scratch tracks on the rest of the instruments. I'll try and get them so you can listen.

That's a real nice kit. I don't think a lot of drummers would think of using thin cymbals for rock but y'know what? I really like the crashability of thinner cymbals and when you're recording it's not as if you need anything really loud. So yeah i'd like to hear it and hope it goes well for the record companies and stuff.

Ahhhh you've got 2 cymbals which I'm on the hunt for. the Hybrid and 24" K. Can you post the recording when you're done please?

Love the setup, near enough the same as mine position wise, nice 9000 gear as well mate.

Tom

Nice kit - cool finish. you have a good friend! whats your kit?

break a leg with that EP!

how do you like those black suede heads

They sound REALLY good on this kit. Didn't sound so good on the maple kit though. Might be just a bubinga or birch thing i think.

Ahhhh you've got 2 cymbals which I'm on the hunt for. the Hybrid and 24" K. Can you post the recording when you're done please?

Love the setup, near enough the same as mine position wise, nice 9000 gear as well mate.

Tom

Thanks man! I'll be sure to get everyone some sounds as soon as we get them done.

Nice kit - cool finish. you have a good friend! whats your kit?

break a leg with that EP!

I have a truth in maple - http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44468&highlight=finally+truth+dw

Back