AAX china reviews

joshisaces

Gold Member
I need a new china... Something to replace my tore up agazarian. I wanted something more durable, and there's a dude on craigslist selling his aax china for a decent price.

Any body dealt with these before because all the sound clips I heard make it sound bad.

thanks in advance.

What size?

I have a 12" and a 16". They are higher in pitch than my Wuhan's, but voice pretty well in with my A customs.

They aren't harsh like some thicker chinas can be.

I have an 18" AAX China as part of my "bigger" kit. It's very close (live) to the opening notes of Alice in Chains "Man in the Box".

Saluda also makes pretty good chinas. I have a 12" and it's got some serious cutting power with a fast decay.

I use my 12" on top of an AAX splash as a "stax". Sounds very cool!

Isn't it though?! I like the sound of the 17" better though.

Glad you like it!

it was the sound i was looking for, with out all the work of looking for it lol. I will def buy a 19" later on in life maybe before or after i get a AA Metal-X 18" china.

I have a 19" AAX china and 2 21" AAX chinas.

They are all great trashy sounding cymbals, but not an annoying bad trashy sound.

They have a shorter sound than the AA china, & they blend great with all my other cymbals.
The nice thing about the AAX chinas is you can do multiple strikes since the sound of the cymbal is the same every strike (because of the hammering).
It's a cutting sound without being too brash, never gong-y, with the right amounts of cut, trash & short sustain.

For a little longer sustain and a more traditional use (flange up) the AA china in 20 & up is fantastic.

I have a 19" AAX china and 2 21" AAX chinas.

They are all great trashy sounding cymbals, but not an annoying bad trashy sound.

They have a shorter sound than the AA china, & they blend great with all my other cymbals.
The nice thing about the AAX chinas is you can do multiple strikes since the sound of the cymbal is the same every strike (because of the hammering).
It's a cutting sound without being too brash, never gong-y, with the right amounts of cut, trash & short sustain.

For a little longer sustain and a more traditional use (flange up) the AA china in 20 & up is fantastic.

thanks for the helpful info!

I think I remember the pictures of your two chinas boomed on the left and right of you. I admire you for that. Looks very cool.

Back