Namm anyone?

BoxcarDrummer182

I'll be there! Pepperell Music Center's taking a trip with a few employees. I'll be the kid with red hair, and mostly wearing angels and airwaves shirts. hope to see some of you there!
and, does anyone have a list of musicians schedualed to be there? i couldn't find anything
thanks, alex

I will be signing at the Zildjian Booth FRIDAY 2 PM
Ludwig Booth on Saturday 1 until 3, and then the
Regal Tip Booth Saturday 4 - 5

If you are going, please stop by and say 'Hi"!

See you guys there!

ILudwig Booth on Saturday 1 until 3,

Hi Pat,

I'll be signing Friday & Saturday as well and may also be doing double duty if they need me!

See you there,

Bermuda

I'll be there as well.

Once I graduate from college with a music business degree, I'm so gonna get a job at a drum/cymbal/hardware/stick/head company for a couple of years so I can go to NAMM. Every year, I wish I could go, but, unfortunately, I don't qualify.

Hope i see you guys there Pat and Bermuda! My dad got your autograph two years ago at Ludwig, Bermuda, and it'd be nice to add to the collection ;) and yours too Pat!

I'll be there.
I'm performing at the Sonor booth on Friday at 4 and Saturday at 2.
Also will be performing at the Axis booth on Friday at 2.

Meinl will have a signing at 2 on Sat.
I'll also be there for the release of my Meinl "Serpents Ride" throughout the weekend.

I'm sure I'll be floating in and out of booths the whole time I'm there....looking forward to hanging and meeting some of you.

Cheers,
D.

Just got back last night and had a perfect time. The Slapstik guys couldn't have been nicer to me, and it was a lot of fun playing behind a drum set for the entire event. In general, they treated me a lot better than where I legitimately stand.

It was also great connecting with faces I had not seen lately /Tim Yeung, clinicians, retailers, family associates, WFD folks from previous NAMMs etc/. I especially enjoyed seeing the DW crowd, because they always turn out to be the nicest people at NAMM. This includes Jeff Almeyda and many more.

But, I especially want to publicly thank DW member Paul Quin for his amazing friendship. Man, talk about somebody with connections. Paul knows everybody. He helped introduce me to a huge crowd of people, including several companies I had been trying to get in with for a long time. With Paul's help I think I finally have my arrangement with the cymbal and stick companies I had really wanted. A highlight was some of the drummers he introduced me to. It was especially fun hanging briefly with John Blackwell who is a super nice guy. I could be wrong, but I think Paul's some kind of music retailer in Florida. If he is, then I think that's the kind of guy you want to support and buy stuff from, as opposed to the alternatives.

One funny moment occured when I needed a cab from my hotel to the convention center. All the cabs were taken, and I was trying to figure out what to do when this limo driver showed up and told me he was on his break, but would sneak me over in his stretch for $15. Supposedly Eddie Van Halen/ or somebody big like that/ was at NAMM and there was this rumor that he was heading out the same time I was in an identical limo. When I got to NAMM, there were all these photographers, and when I got out by myself there was this big groan. One of them said It's nobody and they left. That was funny.

This was my 5th NAMM, and I usually come back thinking I didn't acheive all my short term goals. But I was very satisfied this time. I also got reaffirmation that the Drummerworld folks are a good group of people. And yeah, if it seems like I've dropped a bunch of names, that's what you do when you return from one of these things.

Thanks again.

IMPORTANT EDIT.

One brief correction from my post. I just learned that Paul Quin is actually a well known lawyer in the Tampa area, and not a retailer. Apparently he's known as the "drummer's lawyer" because he devotes some of his practice to entertainment law and 90% of that to only representing drummers.

Whatever your career, I appreciate your assistance and your obvious connections.

Last edited:
Just got back last night and had a perfect time. The Slapstik guys couldn't have been nicer to me, and it was a lot of fun playing behind a drum set for the entire event. In general, they treated me a lot better than where I legitimately stand.

It was also great connecting with faces I had not seen lately /Tim Yeung, clinicians, retailers, family associates, WFD folks from previous NAMMs etc/. I especially enjoyed seeing the DW crowd, because they always turn out to be the nicest people at NAMM. This includes Jeff Almeyda and many more.

But, I especially want to publicly thank DW member Paul Quin for his amazing friendship. Man, talk about somebody with connections. Paul knows everybody. He helped introduce me to a huge crowd of people, including several companies I had been trying to get in with for a long time. With Paul's help I think I finally have my arrangement with the cymbal and stick companies I had really wanted. A highlight was some of the drummers he introduced me to. It was especially fun hanging briefly with John Blackwell who is a super nice guy. I could be wrong, but I think Paul's some kind of music retailer in Florida. If he is, then I think that's the kind of guy you want to support and buy stuff from, as opposed to the alternatives.

One funny moment occured when I needed a cab from my hotel to the convention center. All the cabs were taken, and I was trying to figure out what to do when this limo driver showed up and told me he was on his break, but would sneak me over in his stretch for $15. Supposedly Eddie Van Halen/ or somebody big like that/ was at NAMM and there was this rumor that he was heading out the same time I was in an identical limo. When I got to NAMM, there were all these photographers, and when I got out by myself there was this big groan. One of them said It's nobody and they left. That was funny.

This was my 5th NAMM, and I usually come back thinking I didn't acheive all my short term goals. But I was very satisfied this time. I also got reaffirmation that the Drummerworld folks are a good group of people. And yeah, if it seems like I've dropped a bunch of names, that's what you do when you return from one of these things.

Thanks again.

IMPORTANT EDIT.

One brief correction from my post. I just learned that Paul Quin is actually a well known lawyer in the Tampa area, and not a retailer. Apparently he's known as the "drummer's lawyer" because he devotes some of his practice to entertainment law and 90% of that to only representing drummers.

Whatever your career, I appreciate your assistance and your obvious connections.

Matt;

Thanks for the kind words - and thanks for the edit!! I truly enjoyed meeting you and I am happy to assist in any way I can. The truth, however, is that you are the kind of guy who is easy to help: your demeanor and skill do all the real work, all you needed was an introduction. I am sure that the future is bright.

NAMM was great this year. It is one of the only opportunities where you get to meet old friends, make new friends and renew and reinvigorate old relationships. I thought there were some spectacular products at NAMM this year and the displays were wonderful as ever. Pearl's new pedal is fantastic; DW did a fantastic job with their range of kits, their displays and their inimitable finishes. In addition, the guys at DW are knowedgeable and just great to deal with. TAMA, Yamaha, Mapex, Sonor, etc. just present products to make you drool. DDRUM managed to maintain their NAMM high standards and had some of the most beautiful kits available. The new Carmine Appice kit, the Vinnie Paul signature kit and Carlos McSwain's kit with attached bicycle were just beautiful. Also the folks at DDRUM are truly great people, easy to deal with and just quality folks. I also love the folks at Zildjian and the new products released (especially the smaller trash/crash/splashes) fit with just about every genre of music and will be an immediate success.

The DDRUM booth was also interesting this year because they helped to promote the idea of the community of drummers - something I write about constantly. Drumplates exhibited its unique system beneath the DDRUM kits and quickly became one of the most talked about products available. Just about every touring drummer that stopped by wanted one!! Jan Koster, designer and founder of Drumplates was on hand at the DDRUM booth and is a wonderful ambassador for the company. In addition the online community at drummerconnection.com was also based at DDRUM and moved around the convention from that home. Check out the site and register. It is free and it has some great pics and videos. Check out Chad Smith jamming with Flea - great grooves! All involved really respected the work of DDRUM and its drummer/employees.

I do want to send a special note of appreciation ot Ronn Dunnett. I swear that man is the most talented drum designer I have ever seen. His drums are works of art - and they sound magnificent too! The new snare drum he has designed for Stanton Moore is a masterpiece. Also OJC drums - manufacturing for the Buddy Rich Drum Company - create drums that are works of art. Beautiful stuff!

Also see what you can find out about "Kickports" - a new product for improving bass drum sound. This is a brand new product, but I think it will become standard in no time. The plan is that it will retail for less than $40. It makes a great bass drum sound even better. Everyone I talked to about it was absolutely bowled over.

Just some initial thoughts - I will update with some additional NAMM stuff later in the week.

Thanks to everyone who was so kind out in Anaheim!

Paul

Paul, I agree with your comments about the DDrum guys. You're also right about the Drummerconnection people. Here is the link to their featured NAMM videos. There's pages and pages of live video stuff. This is the best way to get a real feel for this year's NAMM. It includes Chad Smith's jam with Flea, Todd Sucherman and the Demon pedal, John Blackwell, and much more.

http://www.drummerconnection.com/category/drummer-tags/drummer-tags/winter-namm-2009

I was at NAMM.

I think the most impressive product was the new Pearl pedal.

I think Ddrum is clearly doing the best marketing job, in terms of creating excitement about their products and company.

I was shocked Premier only had a small booth, with just one 5pc kit. It was almost if they weren't there at all.

I had a blast at the Sabian party.
Saturday night I got see Racer X with Scott Travis, which was cool.

Back